1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we sleeping on Will Levis?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Dec 31, 2022.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In his dreams he is 6 foot....lol.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s not 6’ is the problem, he might not even be 5’10

If, and it’s a big if, he measures 6’ and over 200 lbs that’s a big win. No doubt number 1 pick

raining threes likes this.
  3. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Yep. I like the man because he has guts and game. Sort of like a football version of Trey Young.

However, ultimately Trey Young will be limited if he is required to play D because he is simply too small.

Young is the same. It’s not his height; it’s his size. The man is not 194 pounds even soaking wet. He is small!! I have seen the man up close. If a Calais Campbell or someone like that lands on him he is done.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Damion Laverne

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't like that he chose not to play in his bowl game.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s a fair opinion. I don’t hold that against guys that don’t really have anything to play for.

8. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Even the guy that made the video about how he’s better than you think says in the video that he wouldn’t pick him in the top 5 because he’s reckless with the football.

raining threes and zeeshan2 like this.
  9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'd rather him just go out there and be raw. If people are gonna compare any large, honky, fast QB to Josh Allen, then let him be a rookie Josh Allen

10. STR8Thugg

dont have to worry bout that now!

11. STR8Thugg

This makes no sense. Wilson may be over the hill now, but he's been a top 10 QB basically his entire career. What are you talking about?

Also, way to cherry pick just the final year college stats. Young won the Heisman the year before with even more gaudy numbers. But it's not even about that, his intangibles are off the chart. He makes the right read, like every single ****ing time, he's decisive, he's smart af, he has a good enough arm, good but not elite, but he's everything you really want in a QB. His problem is his size, and that may be a problem, or it might not. My guess is it isn't a problem in the NFL.

houstonstime likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

Young bc we know Young is the best decision maker and the margin between him and the other 2 is astronomical. Like the distance between earth and mars.

Doesn't mean the others can't pan out.

whag00 and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. STR8Thugg

If that happened with today's rules, Campbell would be banned from the NFL and prosecuted.

14. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Damn apparently some of the scouts in the nfl think Levis compares the closest to Jeff Driskel and Jameis Winston.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Too late for Will to go back? ;)
    LOL I’m joking. Not even sure if he has eligibility left. And still probably going top 10/15.

16. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

This is from nfldraftbuzz.com
    Sure, it's all the positives, but much of the negative can be coached up and the positives are pretty darn good.

• "Prototype QB standing at 6’4″, 230 pounds with the frame to survive contact in the pro game - looks like a linebacker
    • Has probably the strongest arm in the draft - claims he can throw the ball 80 yards, and from his play, we see no reason to doubt him
    • Has an elite quick-release, unusual for a player with such a strong arm, alongside fast info processing makes him ideal for a Sean McVay-style offense
    • Very accurate on intermediate and long passes; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
    • His stats at UK probably underrate his performance - where most of his interceptions were a result of receiver mistakes as appose to throwing inaccuracy
    • Has played behind a subpar offensive line at UK, meaning a high proportion of his passes were thrown under serious pressure, and he still has managed to take good care of the football
    • Showed incredible improvement after transferring to the UK - came from nowhere to develop into a serious NFL talent
    • Super smart student with 4.0 GPA - was offered scholarships to multiple Ivy League Schools
    • Consistently puts the ball into tight windows over the middle, throwing to spot-on slant or between zone defenders before the receiver is open
    • Very confident passer and shows good accuracy and feel when in rhythm. Showed better ball placement from past years and throws very catchable passes
    • Has well-developed footwork and has experience operating from both the shotgun and under center
    • Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time, with the size and power to run over smaller defenders. Can be used on QB power, sweeps, and counters and is a major threat in the redzone."

cbass likes this.
  17. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I reckon his ceiling is Josh Allen.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hope we stay sleep on him let somebody else fall for this bs.

19. raining threes

So was Mahomes and Allen.

Good Coaching can solve this issue.

With that said, I dont want Levis.

I dont hold last year against Levis though. His OL was terrible. How clutch was Levis two years ago.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You understand that Josh Allen IS the exception? QB's like Levis (Locker, Paxton Lynch, Zach Wilson, Blake Bortles, Mitchell Trubiskey) are all the same: Strong Armed, big body...prototypical size. Most say look beyond their stats...they can be better in the NFL. They are not.

houstonstime likes this.