1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we really going to trade before the deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ming the Dream, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

I do not live in Houston, and so therefore do not have daily access to the radio shows, newspapers etc. For the most part I get my information from the bbs on the Rox. So what I want to know is are we really interested in making a move, or is all this talk just fans burining off steam?? Is there anybody in Houston, besides bbs talking about it, (ie. papers, radio shows, pre game)?

2. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

We have separate threads for trading for Brand, Payton, Kidd, Miller, Duncan, Garnett, Stoudamire, Gooden, Gasol... Read one of those.

3. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

I am not asking if we should trade this guy for that guy stufff. All of those threads are what made me want to know if there is any "buzz" going on in the city about a possible move. I know when I lived there, and we traded for O.Thorpe, there was a buzz about it in the radio shows, papers, etc. That is what I am asking is there anymore to alll the trade talk going on here than just fans blowing smoke, or are the Rox looking to move for someone.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

If there IS a trade in the works, I think 90% of of the board will be blindsided with the who for whom. Rudy and CD keep trades close to the vest.

5. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

I live in Austin so I don't get the "insider" info. that some people here do (ie am 610). I don't believe that there has been any reason to think that the Rox are looking to deal. Thumbs is correct though, Rudy seems to keep this kind of thing under wraps a bit better than others.