1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we looking at a 100% new roster?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Batman Jones, Jul 9, 2012.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I guess you didn't read #2.

2. moali85

moali85 Member

read #2

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You should just go ahead and cut and paste this post into every thread on the board. It would be quicker for you, you wouldn't have to re-word it or re-type it.

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

No. We're bringing back AB0. So I wouldn't say 100% new.. ;-)

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

60 percent I would guess

We retain 30 to 40 percent

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...the thing I don't understand is this:

IF we manage to pull off a major trade(let's say for Dwight), what will we have left on the roster and how do we build a team around that? I mean Scola and Martin are around for salary matching purposes in a trade and after that everyone else is an asset to sweeten the pot. Let's say we get Dwight(I'm skeptical that Nets/Cleveland deal is legit) but have to take Hedo and we trade both Scola & Martin and a slew of picks and younger talent. How do we even field a team with our one all star? The FA market is picked over and was thin to begin with. I mean how do we convince a "star" (presumably Dwight) that we are going to be able to build around him fast enough to not waste him in his prime? I don't think Dwight wants to hang around to play with Aaron Brooks, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson, Royce White, etc.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Refusing to tank is like going to a gunfight without any bullets. There is no nobility in pro sports, there is only championships. The goal is to win a championship without cheating, and trading away vets in order to get a higher lottery pick is not considered cheating in the NBA.

Let me be clear, since Les refuses to tank, and no other owner has agreed to do the same, every single NBA team has an advantage over us. Three lotteries (2010, 2011, 2012) wasted. The years wasted.

Can't get more damning than that.