1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just gonna ignore the fact that nobody has a chance at beating OKC?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

so whos the bigger disappointment so far ????

OKC,ROCKETS OR PACERS???? Might even throw in the spurs if they lose the next game they could easily be down 2-0

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

If I had to rank...

1. Pacers (#1 seed, "championship contender" down 1-2 to the below .5 hawks)
    2. Rockets (favored fairly heavily against the Blazers, yet lost both games at home and are down 0-2)
    3. OKC (#2 seed, championship contender down 1-2 to the Grizzlies...The Grizzlies would be a 55 win team if Gasol wasn't injured. Plus at least the thunder have won a game)

3. torocan

torocan Member

Apparently Memphis has a few things to say before we crown OKC... :)

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i agree with your reasons but id switch the rockets and thunder

the thunder have the MVP and are a higher seed no way they should be down although memphis is a very good team

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pacers and Thunder are 1 and 2, imo. Pacers should not be down a game, as they face the worst team (statistically) in the playoffs.

Thunder have everybody healthy and the soon-to-be MVP. More importantly, they've had playoffs experience, both WCF and Finals.

Rockets have Howard and Harden, but it's obvious that Harden is only good on one side of the ball. I doubted that we could win the title this year, but to be on the verge of being swept is just ridiculous.

6. clutz

clutz Member

So many people overreacting to a couple fluke games. Memphis still has no chance.

7. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

That's what Spurs fans thought in 2011 as the #1 seed going against essentially this same Memphis team, which was a #8 that year. Memphis won in 6 games, after winning game 1 on the road. Memphis is much better than a typical #7 seed. They DO have a good chance to win this series.

8. torocan

torocan Member

I disagree.

Memphis when Gasol is healthy matches up really well with OKC given their size inside and elite team defense.

They can bang on the inside and really tire out guys like Perkins and Sefolosha. Tony Allen is such a great perimeter defender that he can guard Durant straight up. They've got fantastic defensive rotations and their size in the paint gives them really good rim protection and rebounding.

They also play at a snail's pace which increases the variance for OKC which takes a lot of jump shots.

You take out Gasol's injury and they're right in the mix for HCA. I could easily see them fighting for the #3 or #4 seed.

The longer the series runs, the more it is to the advantage of the Grizzlies. OKC relies a ton on speed, athleticism and jump shooting. You fatigue them and beat them up and that edge keeps getting smaller as the games go on.

I had OKC originally as the winner in 6 or 7 games, but there was definitely a possibility that Memphis knocks OKC out.

Memphis' style of play and elite defense means they can beat just about anyone with a little luck.

If I were to slot most to least disappointing...

1) Pacers - Atlanta barely snuck in despite the match up.
    2) Rockets - Portland is a #5 seed with identical record. How we're losing is what's disappointing, but a loss was always a possibility. I had the Rockets in 6 to 7.
    3) OKC - Memphis is basically a top 4 seed. They're playing essentially a 2nd round match up in a grinding series.

Anyway, OKC is in trouble. One more game in Memphis... if they go down 3-1 it's over. Very tough road for them.

9. Mr. Space City

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This ain't OKC's year. They aren't "right". The Clippers are the best of the West.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Except maybe the Clippers?

12. basketballholic

Something tells me OKC is never going to be "right" as long as Westbrook is there.

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

OKC was not ready for that lol

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

FIFY.

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

16. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

LAC under Doc is dangerous.

17. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Well, they do have Mr. Unreliable on their team.

18. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^^
    Mr. Unreliable on our team?

:shivers:

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Another clown thread brought to you by CH.

20. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't have said it better.