1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Are we hurting the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Feb 26, 2018.

?

What do you think about the Rockets style of play?

1. I don't care how we play as long as we win.

48 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. I would like to see us limit the ref baiting a little.

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. I hate watching games played at the free throw line.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm worried about our reliance on the refs hurting us come playoff time.

22 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I don't recall anyone ever asking if Steve Nash was ruining the game 12 years ago. What, Amare never iso'd? Jeremy Lin, that was ugly basketball? D'Antoni's been around, y'all.

Was Kobe Bryant known for his beautiful ball movement or something? Funny, I thought they cleared out the court for him and let him stick daggers in people. I guess that was good for the game, but this isn't, because what Harden does is SO DIFFERENT.

People are just butthurt because Harden's weird, introverted personality makes people think he's arrogant, and they hate that their favorite teams and players are getting rolled by a team led by D'Antoni who we all know NEVER WINS IN THE PLAYOFFS, so it's not fair.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Pick and roll .. pick and roll .. double pick and roll .. 3 .. 3 .. 3 .. drive to basket .. get hacked .. drive to basket toss the oop .. drive to basket fake Stepdaddy to the face.

I love our offense. The tempo. The reckless abandon in outside shooters. Denver was on a good roll as a team, and I could tell how frustrated they were getting knowing what was coming and not being able to stop it.

What was that Rudy T? "Run it Again!!"

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

What a cop out.

Like Harden is the first player who is aggressive going to the hoop. Personally I get tired of seeing shitty defenders falling for the same old ploy. He puts the ball out, defender hacks, James attacks. Quit being such a damn sucker damn. It's a foul. Play defense with your feet, with your position, stay in front of him and keep your hands up. What am I, the best coach ever? Nah. Just not a damn sucker.

The Rockets have developed a pick your poison offense playing off Harden's greatness. You let him drive, he scores. You play off, he shoots 3. You double, you leave gunners open. You switch, better not be under. You switch over, too quick for it. You guard Capela on the P/R, he floater. You guard him on P/R, alley oop open. You somehow got both, kick out for open 3. You don't rotate, he gives the ball up to pick on the weak defender. You do rotate, your weak defender is on him now. The hell you gon' do about it too?

Hope he's off. Or have a generational defender like Kawhi harass him and consistently have enough close outs to sneak by with a win. Yeah. Well, that was last year, when Kawhi was interested in playing ball and the Rockets didn't have a 2nd option like CP3 and even more 3/D forwards to pick up the slack.

You try taking away Harden and the team is going to go ham while he stands 40 ft from the hoop laughing. You try making him beat you by himself AND HE DOES. The hell you gon' do about it too?

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets are killing the league and this sport......and I’m loving it!!
    McD-way

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Don’t exclude Dallas in your post please.

Many Mavs rep’ing trolls here. Shout out to the swyyyguy

Reeko likes this.
  6. macan

macan Member

No. ppl are just jealous about our stars and system that we have here. they wanna copy it and failed so they try their best to rationalize their failures.

Ramo$e likes this.