1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we hurting the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Feb 26, 2018.

?

What do you think about the Rockets style of play?

1. I don't care how we play as long as we win.

48 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. I would like to see us limit the ref baiting a little.

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. I hate watching games played at the free throw line.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm worried about our reliance on the refs hurting us come playoff time.

22 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

don't worry i'm sure they will take harden's whistle away next year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Adapt or die.

Ramo$e and Killatron 2000 like this.
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What was the point of this thread?

ipaman likes this.
  4. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

Last I checked, MJ avg. more than 8 FTA in 7 of his 11 season as a Bull. And I have never heard anyone complain about it.
    How does 1-2 more trips to the line per game for Harden hurting the game?

Ramo$e, Killatron 2000 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I don't care what they say, the sports media is so ethically dishonest its not even funny.. there are many sportscasters who have openly said bring Lebron to the rockets will totally break the NBA.. Breaking the NBA is getting an MVP winner into a 73 win ball club that lost the NBA in the final game in the last 45 seconds of that game.. Not bringing a 34 year old into probably a 61-62 win team that doesn't get into the finals.. My take is if we make it to the finals we win it all and we dont bring lebron to the houston. We only bring him if goldenstate beat us to restore order.

Hakeemtheking and 1Deep like this.
  6. ipaman

my team finally starts winning and i'm supposed to care about hurting the game. fack that noise, i didn't see any *'s when for gsw parade after kd joined, i didn't see any *'s for spurs when they tanked for duncan, i didn't see any *'s miami and the choice, etc... we are #1 right now and i'm load and proud about it. anybody who tries to steal our thunder can gtfo as far as i'm concerned!

Ramo$e, D-rock, Swiss Roll and 3 others like this.
  7. ipaman

OP should be banned!

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Pretty much.

Boo hoo. It's legal but I don't like it they say. I don't like the Warriors getting away with illegal screens.

Maybe if your guys did try everything to win the game you wouldn't be getting your asses kicked all the time.

D-rock and joeson332 like this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Players that are hard to guard get fouled a lot. Harden and Paul are really hard to guard. End of story.

Hippieloser likes this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Durant joining GS wasn’t ruining the game? Or Lebron joining Miami with Wade and Bosh wasn’t ruining the game? The game has been ruined for a while now, if anything Houston is an explorer of new ways to win.

Ramo$e, D-rock and kjayp like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think the average fan understands this story. (In fact, I know they don't, how many times do we have to put up with ignorant people dropping the same lines?) But guys who are around the game (broadcasters, coaches, players, writers, analysts) know it.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

the game hurt us so were hurting it back

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Rockets take about 4.5 more free throws per game (2nd in the league) than the 16th team. Do you really think 4 more FTs per game than the 'average' team really contribute to them being unwatchable? Essentially 2 extra shooting fouls a game?

Ramo$e and Nook like this.
  14. 1Deep

1Deep Member

To be clear I'm not being critical of our style of play at all. I actually enjoy watching opposing coaches go crazy about the calls we get. I'm simply brining up a topic openly discussed by fans of opposing teams and basketball analysts around the league. It just seems like the new dig on the Rockets is our style of play.

15. onreego

onreego Member

The funny thing is Jokic came back and did the same moves to Ryan to get a foul called.

Someone said either here or on Twitter that the reason why most people don't like Harden's game is because he beats you with intelligence. Most fans are attracted to raw talent but when they see someone using their brain it's a a turn off for some reason.

Ramo$e, D-rock and kjayp like this.
  16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I re-iterate, what was the point of this thread? Who gives a **** what the media or other teams' fans think? Is that going to change the way our team plays? No. Is that going to change the way real fans of the Rockets feel? No. There is literally no point in starting a thread over a topic as pointless as this one.

D-rock and Deckard like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't like the poll. I care how we play and I want us to win. I don't like the, "I don't care how we play as long as we win" question. If a player on our teamed played like that ******* at Golden State plays, trying to injure players, I'd be furious and would say so. Don't like the poll.

As for, "hurting the game?" That's absurd. If anything, we are showing the league how to play and win using the way the league is now, and it is beautiful. So the thread is a fail. Lousy thread title and lousy questions, with all due respect.

Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its pretty much 2k basketball. It just shows you how gamers were ahead of everyone. Except I think I took like a 100 3s.

19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I seem to owe this thread cop an apology. I'm sorry this thread didn't meet your expectations.
    Feel free to leave and continue your jack-off session.

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Another overly sensitive individual who made a shitty thread and got super defensive when called out about it. How about instead of throwing a hissy fit, stop and consider what the point of a thread like serves, especially before you go off and create another similar one. There is zero positive discussion to be had for this sort of topic. It's like going, "Water is wet, discuss."