1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we hurting the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Feb 26, 2018.

?

What do you think about the Rockets style of play?

1. I don't care how we play as long as we win.

48 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. I would like to see us limit the ref baiting a little.

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. I hate watching games played at the free throw line.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm worried about our reliance on the refs hurting us come playoff time.

22 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Many say our style of play is hard to watch and is beginning to hurt the game that we all know and love. Yes, we get a lot of foul calls, but I believe our aggressive nature in going to the basket has a lot to do with that. Don't get me wrong I love to watch a free flowing low foul called game as much as the next fan, but our style is so effective I just can't argue with it. I have no doubt there will be more grumbling in the off season and the NBA will try to implement more rules that seem to affect us more than any other team, so I say we take advantage of the rules that are in place today and go ahead and win a damn championship this season!

anchel likes this.
  2. anchel

anchel Member

I thought you would be referring to our ISO game...

apollo33 likes this.
  3. ribbit

ribbit Member

Milk it. There will be new rules in the future, but until then, let's keep on winning.

joeson332 likes this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

stop fouling us then

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes, and it also must be really hard for those fans to watch us whoop their team over and over again. Comes with the territory, we have created more losers than any other team this season.

IvanLCPM, Plowman, cbass and 6 others like this.
  6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Seems like a huge lapse in defensive intelligence in the NBA. If Roberson can have a career in a league because of his defense, then that says a lot.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I actually enjoy watching. Down by 6? No worries. 2 minutes later we are up 5.

The rest of the league is 2 years away from being 2 years away from catching up to our style.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

How can a team that's offensively deadly on movement, 3pt, midrange, drives, iso and pnr be boring? Like which teams is exciting+succesful and what do they do better than us?

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Time smooths over everything. These days, everyone loves the Pistons' Bad Boy teams. Back in the day, they were universally despised (and for good reason).

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Jimmy Chitwood

Please just try to be happy for once in your sad Rockets fan life

IvanLCPM, sammy, Nook and 6 others like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow what a find... thnx brah

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

What year is it ?o_O did we win 5-6 consecutive championships already!

Tfor3, napalm06 and vlaurelio like this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I want to make a thread or write a article about this. I'll say it like this....Rockets were the one the spear head the analytics movement we just had bad contracts at the time and mediocre players. It took More several seasons to get the right pieces. It just so happens Golden State like the rest of the teams of the league started mocking the Rockets but also hired their own analysts to track stats. Small ball has always been part of the game now they are keeping stats on it. More possessions equal more fouls and 3pt opportunities. The is not that different just played at a higher pace, for more possessions.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

a foul is a foul

you foul an opponent then you get called for it

you don't want to get called for fouling then don't foul

Ramo$e, charlieaustin and Exiled like this.
  15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Simple philosophy when it comes to guarding Harden, hell even the Rockets.

16. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

I love our style. Nothing, I say absolutely nothing is wrong with our style. Our style is keeping everyone on its heel - - the opponents, the referees, and even the league office. The league changed the continuation foul call because of James-the-Beard-Harden thinking the rule change will hurt the Rockets. What's new. Let them change the rule again next year and James-the-Barber-Harden will figure somethings else out. Let them keep playing cat and mouse game. Just when they think they have the answer to the question, we will change the question again.

Ramo$e, Killatron 2000 and Tfor3 like this.
  17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yep. I don't see how aggressive play is an issue with the aggressor. Maybe the NBA should put out an announcement that more teams need to learn how to play defense? If anything, what the NBA has done in the past is change the rules to reduce the fouls...ie, make it harder to defend, not harder on the offense to execute. Exactly when, in the last 30 years anyway, has the NBA ever done anything to limit offense?

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

what’s actually hurting the game are sorry teams like PHX and Orlando who are garbage and show no signs of ever getting it together

what’s hurting the game is that there’s currently an 8-9 team tank race

19. xaos

xaos Member

Hurting? Feels pretty good to me

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ha, I LOVED the Pistons. But, then, I loved the Raiders too, for the same reasons (and the Pistons basically copied the Raiders). Personally, I wish they'd bring more contact back into the game...but that ain't gonna happen.