1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we getting Aaron Gordon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Mar 25, 2021.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wait we got Aaron Gordon? Am I missing something here?

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

AG isnt an expiring he will stay no matter how much he wants. And the Rox will have his bird rights unless he massively improves doubt anybody will offer him the max.

AG doesnt need to improve he already worth his contract. Why does he need to be a franchise player? You only need to compare him to Olynk who isnt one.

If you think AG gonna decline at 26 yrs old then what about Olynk? He already 29 by your logic he should be retiring next year.

Olynk only has value this season, he an expiring and unless Rox pay him a lot he aint sticking around a rebuilding team. AG is 25, all those criticisms you have is nothing compared to his age. He would have been in Rox plans, Olynk certainly isnt in theirs.

Theres a reason Denver is seen as one of the big winners of the deadline and Rox is seen as one of the losers. Its cuz Denver got AG and Rox got Olynk.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

You seem to misunderstand. I said Olynyk is a quality backup who could start the rest of the year.

I would rather draft a power forward and have olynyk off the bench for 10 million than Aaron Gordon for 30 million on his extension...

Olynyk is a better shooter and rebounder. That's factual. We need both right now without messing up our cap flexibility. I am ok with Aaron Gordon if he's cheap enough but he's not a long term piece. Look at Tobias Harris... that's Aaron Gordon in 2 years...

Your entire argument is that you hope Aaron Gordon would improve more after 7 years in the league...

I peg him as maybe the 15th best power forward in the league... maybe worse than that... Denver is over the cap... Gordon's cap space is rendered moot. So he's a better fit for Denver...

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah you'd rather do that like I told you Olynk is gone. Why would he sign fof 10M to be a backup to a rookie when he can go to a good team? Lots of teams have capspace next year he has a big chance to get overpaid and go to a more winning team than the Rox.

With Olynk you got nothing with AG you can sell him on being CWood's long term partner.

My entire argument is Olynk is gone after next season AG isnt. Olynk is 29 and AG is 25.

We dont need **** right now we need to lose and get a high draft pick. Whats the point of winning games? It just hurts us rather than help us.

Harris btw is doing great in Philly lots of people were saying he should be the all star instead of Simmons. Rox are also over the cap and are hard capped. For all intents and purposes they are like Denver with no significant capspace. Next year will be slightly better but agin low chance Olynk will agree to be here next year. As a 30 yr old he wants to win not be a backup in a rebuilding team.

You havent addressed any of the points I raised Olynk is gone after the year while AG would have stayed. Denver is seen as a winner for getting AG Rox are seen as the biggest loser for ending up with Olynk. If you think AG is gonna decline at age 25 then Olynk should retire next year he 4 yr older him right now will be AG in 4 yrs. Most importantly Olynk isnt in Rox plans but AG could be. In fact Rox were in the running for AG I dunno how they lost to two scrubs and a frp. They certainly didnt target Olynk. That tells you all you need to know who they prefer...

D-rock likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What is going on in this thread

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You find out, let us know.

7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I’m so happy we got Aaron Gordon
    Yays

roslolian, tycoonchip and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stalker b**** gonna be a stalking b****.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Buh, bub, buh ... Denver could of gotten the better player in Olynyk????

WTF are all the NBA talking heads and NBA GM's who wanted AG smoking?

LOL @ stupid people.

Talking heads are right that AG defense on Lebron, AD, Kawhi and other bigs is a huge factor for Denver moving up to top 3 in West.

And of course AG as another lob threat and PnR option for Joker and Murray is obvious.

But what they fail to mention is that Nuggets are now fully weaponized with at 3 least playmakers in their starting 5.

Especially when they go 5 out, every starter is a threat to score at all 3 levels. AG gives Nuggets what Jerami Grant did, especially on defense, last season when they were top 3 seed.

#69 D-rock, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  10. Landry's Tooth

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Little Bit likes this.
  12. Landry's Tooth

Watching tonight... Bullard seems to like Olynyk a lot...

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Is Air Gordon plane landing at Hobby or IAH?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

That settles it then.

:rolleyes:

15. Landry's Tooth

It's weird to me you would criticize the Heat for using Olynyk. I suggest we use him the same way the Heat do. He was good enough for the Heat to get to the finals but for some reason he's trash to you for the same role in Houston.

It's like you're saying Pat Riley doesn't know what he's doing...

Still waiting for you to cite data showing Aaron Gordon being some sort of elite defender...

Not sure why you are so emotional about this. I suggest a backup big be a backup big and you think that's somehow a dumb take... maybe it's the disappointment of Dinwiddie not wearing his suit on the Rockets bench right now?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Keep spreading that big lie.

You're pathetic Trumpian takes are amusing.

17. Landry's Tooth

I have to ask, is the "D" in DRock for Dinwiddie?

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's for DEFENSE.