1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we building the Sacramento Kings?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Agent94, Jul 16, 2009.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Awakening for some of you. The comparison has been made in here of Chase to Peja. Read this guy's comparison...

2. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

u must strictly be a Rockets fan and not watch other NBA teams. I believe Ariza CAN be utilized just like Lamar Odom/Turkoglu. But unlike those other two, he has the CAPABILITY to take over a game whenever he wants to

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait what? Ariza can take over a game?

WTF? When has he ever done that?

The guy is a career 7ppg player and now he can take over a game.

Put the pipe down and back slowly away.

DD

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ariza is like a golden eagle, perched on a huge branch, observing the rest of the NBA which be like mice in his vision. Soon, the eagle will pounce. Very soon.

5. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

DD for a guy who likes underdogs and strays like von wafer and v-span, you are surprising me. Lol, just cos you didn't call the Ariza trade doesn't mean you shouldn't embrace him now that he is here to stay

6. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Turkoglu did bring the ball up the court and he was a fairly decent clutch performer in that he basically ran the Magic's offense at the end of games last season.

I somewhat agree with you in that Ariza is definitely young enough, athletic enough and smart enough to be an impact player for the Rockets. I don't know how soon we will start to see his offensive improvement to try and "take over a game". I imagine it would take at least a season and a half for Ariza to be considered a step below Joe Johnson which I understand is your benchmark for him.

If offensive IQ is something that can be taught to him then Joe Johnson is a reasonable cap for Ariza's talent imo

7. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

A reasonable observation

8. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

with the rockets current roster, they will not be the worst team in the West :D...i think rockets maybe with a little luck can get into the 8th spot of the west but probably around 9th or 10th spot

9. Raven

Raven Member

Yeah, that would be great, 48 wins and a first round sweep.

Oh wait, I have a better idea. See my Sig.

10. dragonz

dragonz Member

you are comparing Lowry to Bibby?!
    you are comparing Budinger to Peja?!?!
    you are comparing Scola or Landry to CWEB!!!!!!!!????????
    you are comparing Andersen to Divac?
    your thread makes me want to punch a wall or something

11. jwayne

jwayne Member

I agree for the most part, I wouldnt even say we are a downgrade at some positions. Im going to say, in my humble opinion, that Brooks/Lowry > Jackson/Bibby... I'll also say that Battier > Christie. When we traded for Andersen, I went and watched some video of the guy. I didnt look for a hi-light video, I wanted to see him playing a sequence or two of up and down basketball... My conclusion was that he was Vlade, not to a "T" but very similar in style. He is actually much more athletic to me. As for quickness, I hear some of you say he is slow... Well, we are spoiled from watching Dream. Aside from the PF's disquised as Centers... what true Centers are genuinely quick and fleet of feet? Not many... Anyhow, these are my opinions, like em or not. I am very happy with what the Rockets are building. I personally feel as though we will be watching a very entertaining brand of basketball this next season.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Only concern is that we eventually lose to the Lakers...

13. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

We've already done that lol

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

scolandry = cweb???
    hahahaha

thats going JUST a little too far...

15. dexkk

dexkk Member

I watched the Kings alot and I loved their matchups against the Lakers. However, the Rockets roster is nothing but a cheap imitation of the old Kings.
    The Kings were amazing, they played well and had real talented players. Rockets right now, have role players that fit the system but lack talented superstars. Maybe Morey is trying to put together a roster good enough to entice big-time players after Tmac and Yao era.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He DOES have the talent to take over a game, especially in Houston. He was an afterthought, filler in LA. He is a core player on our team and under Adelman he will show the league what he can do as a season-long starter.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

When another Hakeem is available, I'm sure Morey and Adelman will take him. Until then, they should grab players that fit within a system and with the roster.

18. angrykitty

angrykitty Member

Agree it looks like we are getting guys who will better fit the system. We may be a little down on talent this year but it should be fun to watch. So why do I keep reading posts that [insert name here] can't "create his own shot?" Isn't the point of the motion offense to create open shots so you don't need a T-Mac or Kobe breaking guys down one-on-one to get a shot off?

19. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

hope not. they got destroyed by an inside outside duo of shaq / kobe and a decent supporting cast that shoots the 3.

was pretty obvious from that series that the kings needed a playmaking wing. read and react is fun to watch for 3 3/4 quarters. but down the final minutes of a game, you need a good offensive set that you can run.

20. angrykitty

angrykitty Member

They got destroyed by 2 HOF players. The motion can win in the 4th qtr if you have an all star ot two, so we aren't there yet. Still should be fun to watch this year, while the 2010/2011 future supporting cast gets some experience to go with hopefull either a healthy Yao and/or Mac or else a high profile free agent.