1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we building the Sacramento Kings?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Agent94, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No, we're rebuilding the Houston mother****ing Rockets.

2. bjshot

bjshot Member

Even they lost at their court in game & to Lakers?

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

No nor can he bring the ball up the court when the PG is pressured in the back court. I don't know how the team is going to work with only one guy on the court that is a competent ball handler.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't see really a whole lot of similarities here. Scola and Landry aren't remotely as good at handling/passing/facing up as Webber. The other ones are pretty superficial as well. The rockets are basically doing what every team is doing - getting good players that complement each other for as little $ as possible.

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

So you are saying there is absolutely no way whatsoever as long as Morey is here that we MISS THE PLAYOFFS??

That is a lot of faith in Morey, and a lot of un found faith, as a so many other factors that come into play with making/missing the playoffs and getting a lottery pick are beyond his control.

6. Raven

Raven Member

No, the Rockets are building a fun team to watch, because they know they're going to lose a crap load of games next season, and they want fans to have a reason to buy tickets.

The only grand plan is to acquire by trade, draft, or free agency a franchise player to build a championship around. Since Morey knows this will take time, he's focusing mostly on younger players.

It's not any more complicated than that, but we're over analyzing everything, because it's the off season.

7. illwil29

illwil29 Member

T MAC. I know how much you hate him but, he is in our plans for this coming season! Morey seems like he is leaning towards keeping him. I think adelman once said that T mac is perfect for his offense. Or something like that. Compared to the other guys on the team. Adlemans offense consists of great passers. Last time i checked though T mac and Battier were the only one's who can pass on this team. My bad I left mr. fundementals out. Chuck Hayes.

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

LOL Budinger = Peja is a bit of a stretch at this point don't you think?

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Hmm you do know that..."CHRISTIE" isnt part of the team??..this was a refference to DOUG CHristie..from back in the day ;) just a lil FYI!

10. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Scola is beast on the post. Not atheletic , but fundamentally sound. he has an array of moves to get his taller defender frozen. He will average close to 20 a game next season and the Rockets will make the playoffs. Watch! Rockets will improve thier offensive rank in the league. No disrespect to Yao but he was the reason we were in the bottom of scoring. He did not average 35 points a game.He did not even average 5 assists. I thought in that laker's series the rockets should have went to scola more on the block. This team will be fine it's just getting these youngster's to play d.I know most of them know how to take on the team d concept i just woory about about Andersen. But he can be our euro birdman with more offensive skill.Go Rockets! I still believe.

11. wedge

wedge Member

yes we'll be a bad facsimile of the kings this year but next year we'll have jillions to add the marquee pieces.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

There is no Robert Horry to stop them this time.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But Dick Bavetta is still around.

DD

14. illwil29

illwil29 Member

joey crawford as well.

15. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

There was a time when the Kings were the creme of the league... :)

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

TMAC=HEDO TURKOGLU!

17. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

This post made me smile. :D Oh I wishh

18. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

My biggest concern with this approach is whether or not Rick the ruler continues coaching for this team much longer. Even by coaching standards, he's not a young guy anymore and I question whether he wants to stay aboard through the growing pains that this team will likely experience.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I think he knows that what he meant is:

Christie = Ariza/Battier

01-02 Kings > 09-10 Rockets

Had to break it down for you.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dear God I hope not. This isn't NCAA sports. You don't accumulate players based on a system. Rudy T didn't stay shackled to a system. Great coaches take the personnel provided and maximize it.