1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we better without Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. choujie

choujie Member

Respond with best game is one thing, Rox had to play Cook inside is another. We obviously have nothing to counter Lakers size without Yao.

Do you have a solution for Laker's size? RA's solution is Cook at this moment. And apparently it don't work.

2. MD_in_Training

It was 10 straight games without Yao...but they still couldn't get out of the first round. And to be honest, with the depth of these two teams, it's not out of the question that the Lakers can do the same without Kobe.

I visit Lakers forums too, and the criticisms you brought up is expected after an embarassing loss. It's more just little gripes that they feel must be addressed. With Yao, it's almost as if there's a longstanding hatred for him within the Rockets community.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ONE GAME. did you see what we did v. new orleans without yao earlier htis year? what about game 4?

how about giving the best team in the west some credit for making adjustments? NOW IT'S OUR TURN TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS.

actually scola is having his normal game: 12 pts and 13 boards.

brooks and artest just can't man the backcourt scoring tonight.

4. t_mac1

this is where deke's injury hurts us mightily. we lost BOTH of our centers. and brian cook is a damn scrub. he's not even worth being a cheerleader.

5. lostfans

lostfans Member

we are better without Yao????

6. choujie

choujie Member

NO didn't have time to adjust and they were playing really bad at that time. That's called one game surprise. It happens so often.

Rockets with Yao beat them easily as well.

This playoff series is different. Rox already made adjustment in game 4 and totally surprised Lakers.Lakers made adjustments that Rockets have nothing to counter.

Scola got his stats, but you see the game and you find he doesn't get those open looks anymore. It's the impact of Yao.

7. HoustonBoi

HoustonBoi Member

Did you see what we did with Yao in the lineup against Portland? There is no way we'd win against any team without Yao on this team. Without Yao (and McGrady obviously), this team of role players would be the worst team in the league. We ain't better without Yao.

You can only make so many adjustments without Deke, Yao, and McGrady.

8. t_mac1

true, but we have the best role players. it isn't over yet. they proved me wrong in game 4. im not gonna doubt them. we're not favored to win WITH yao anyways. keep fightin' is all i ask.

9. cmellon

cmellon Member

I am SOOOO PROUD of myself. My prediction comes TRUE EXACTLY!!! We are indeed outsocred by 40 points!

Now just waiting for a new thread to come up titled "We are not better without Yao" then I can be a full time fortune teller

10. choujie

choujie Member

Deke is going to retire after this season anyway. His injury definitely hurts, but Yao's injury hurts more, since his defense is greatly improved this year, and he has an offensive game Deke can only dream of. You got to understand this.

11. aaarcher

aaarcher Member

seems not in game 5

12. roxwin

roxwin Member

Yao was insulting by those so-call Rox fans,for what he did for Houston all these years and he still didnt get any respect.So sad............

13. HoustonBoi

HoustonBoi Member

I can't doubt this team, at our house, in game 6. However, we have the best role players because of Yao and McGrady. Without them in the game drawing 99% of the attention of the defense, this team will need THAT much more intensity and hustle to win.

14. t_mac1

i do. but we have proven time and time again we can play at a high level without him. you got to understand that.

obviously we love to have yao playing. but he's not. and nobody, at least not me, said we are better without yao. but i stand by the notion that we can play at a high level without yao.

15. YaoChineseProud

We are no differnet from GW if we don't have Yao..

We would be a garbage shooting team and our destiny would purely depend on

our luck...

16. Crush

Crush Rookie

Yao going out completely changes the nature of our interior D.

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I think that applies to Tmac way more than it does to Yao. Also criticism is not hatred. Hatred is like calling him names and wishing him ill. The actual "hatred" is probably from a very small minority of Clutchfans. I doubt things would be any different no matter which NBA team Yao goes to.

18. lostfans

lostfans Member

we will beat LA in game 7 without Yao.....hahahahah!!!

19. choujie

choujie Member

We can play at high level without Yao occasionally , on the days our outside shooting are falling, especially AB's.

But we can't beat any western conference playoff teams in a series except maybe NO without Yao.

20. ly19850821

ly19850821 New Member

Yao,you need to go to another team!!!!!!!!!Here is no respecrt