1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we better off saving our money for next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scarface, May 13, 2001.

1. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I started to think about whether we should save our hard earned Cap Space for next year or if we should go after Webber? I personaly would rather pick up Antonio Davis and maybe Marc Jackson, resign Dream to a 1 year max contract, resign Motay,Mooch and then go after Vince Carter or Paul Peirce or whomever next year. I don't know if this is all possible. Like for example can we sign Dream to a one year Max contract and use his Cap Space next year to sign a free agent? Will we be so over the cap next year that it doesn't matter? Dunno.

If we can get rid of Cato for some guys whos contract runs out next year could we get a high line FA next year with Webbhead?

I hope I don't sound too dumb. Its just that I don't think Webber by himself will improve us enough to be challenging the Lakers or Spurs. The way I see it the Kings with Webber are still slightly better than the Rocks with Webbhead?!

P.S. This is not a Webber sucks or is too soft post this is just some last minute thinking.

------------------
    ``We need to FOCASS".... Akeem Olajuwon

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I would rather go after Webber.

Good big men are harder to come by then good swingmen.

But a team of Cuttino, Vince, Franchise, and Mo would last longer than a Dream, Cuttino, Steve, Webber team.

But...I would still want to go after Webber.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

3. Sane

Sane Member

How can we NOT challenge the Spurs Lakers if our line-up was:

Hakeem
    Webber
    Draf pick or Shandon
    Mobley
    Francis

------------------

4. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I'll tell you how we cannot challenge with that team: apparently, it won't happen because Hakeem is after the money and we can't afford both him and Webber. Give it to Webber-- the future.

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.

5. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

i actually posted something similar a few days back.
    which do you prefer in two years time?
    1) Cato, Francis, Mobley, Webber, Anderson/Jefferson
    or
    2) Jackson, Francis, Mobley, Jamison, Pierce/Jefferson/Carter?

Will it be tougher to pursue Jackson if we get Webber? Somehow, i think the rockets' salary cap doesn't look THAT optimistic... Will Jamison and Pierce demand the max? I think age-wise, this latter group matches better with Mobley and Francis. Wouldn't it be a coup if somehow we can pursue BOTH jamison AND carter for a reunion of some sorts?

[This message has been edited by Lil (edited May 14, 2001).]