1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we assuming the old Motiejunas will be back next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jun 3, 2015.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Back injuries that require surgery at the ripe old age of 24 are not your regular run of the mill basketball injuries. The same also goes with nerve damage in your leg where you feel nothing for a while like what happened to Terrence Jones. Hopefully Morey will address this in the off season. Both those players need to go into a major strength building regime this off season in a big way.

2. malakas

malakas Member

I'm not overly worried about Dmo condition next year. I'm more worried about this injury recurring down the line after more years. But the team has to be a little patient maybe he's not back fully from the first months. By new year at the latest he should be back 100% and hopefully improving even more.

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I kind a like this. Last year, he played all year long... causing him to get hurt. He got extra time this year after the surgery to rest up, heal, then train. His game is all finesse anyway. He can at least work on that 3-point shot which he was killing at the end of the year.

4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

DMo is an extremely hard worker and very determined. His injury was pretty early in the year so I think he'll be back to his old ways by a qtr in to the season.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It will NOT be the same DMo.

It will be a BETTER DMO !!

DD

6. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

35% FG & 60% 3pt would be pretty weird

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Back soreness...but no structural damage...either way, doesn't sound good to me.

#67 RV6, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  8. ApuN

ApuN Member

DMo probably done

No one stays out of basketball for a whole season with back issues.

This sounds way too serious.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Patience. Its not uncommon for back surgeries to have soreness. Lets wait and see after the end of january.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It wasn't really a year and i think a lot of other guys rush, so take that into consideration. I'm more worried about the effectiveness of the rehab....although there was that quote from DMo, where he said "setbacks" and Morey later basically said it was bad english by DMo...we'll likely never know the whole truth, i guess, as is the case in pro sports.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hear he's dead already.

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Interesting rereading this thread from last year. Rv6 pretty much we called it. Warning against presuming about dmos surgery and rehab while nearly everyone rushed to declare how minor simple or sure they were that dmo would be 100% or near the start of the season or at worst the new year!

Now some of the same poster is telling him he needs patience lol.

Dmos status definitely a concern as its Jan and he still hasn't played a full game yet. I have to admit I also thought dmo injury was minor and never bothered to read up on it. But after reading some posts by drob and others, I wonder if he will be back to normal this season.

The situation would probably be a. Lot more dire if the rockets were actually close to competing for the 4 & 5 spot or higher. And if the western conference wasn't so terrible this year in terms of the 7th and 8th seeds. Cuz even at two and three games below 500 the rockets are still one of the top 8 teams in the west.

14. elainas

elainas Member

Yeah it took Dwight 2 years to fully recover his back.

But nevertheless DMo already be played like all-star in D-league and back to shape, but trades are coming so DM hide him. It's only matter of time.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Back surgeries to my experience dont have definite timetables so whatever happens what is needed is patience. Nothing wrong to be both optimistic and patient at the same time.

As for those saying morrey is hiding that is simply ridiculous and laughable.

16. dream2franchise

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yawiHC0yDu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good thing we found Trez. The guy needs minutes for his defensive rotations, toughness and energy alone.

Start Trez and Dwight, and make Clint/Donuts the first bigs off the bench. Eliminate Jones by any means necessary.

Sign Joshua Smith...

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Trez rebounds so bad though. Don't know why nobody else has been worried about that. Rookie bigs don't usually learn how to rebound.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

All of our PF's are bad at rebounding, at least Harrell and DMo box out.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

That doesn't make the problem go away. And Harrell is the worst. Even quite a lot worse than............TERRENCE JONES!!!!!!!!