1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we all Witness?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pieman2005, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

[​IMG]

So there's been some rumors going around that we are witnessing the GOAT basketball player. LeBron James.

Okay, so there are people out there who always think someone who isn't the GOAT really is (Kobe, LeBron, etc..)
    One thing is for sure. LeBron is a freak athlete with incredible court vision for his size and undeniably can turn any team into a serious contender.
    But there are still sooo many questions to LeBron's game..
    Let's take a look at the quote.

[​IMG]

The defense of Olajuwon? One of the greatest defenders of all time? LeBron certainly is an amazing defensive player. He can guard ANY position on the floor. But the same could be said of Olajuwon. Not only was Hakeem number 1 in blocked shots, he's also top 10 in steals which is incredible for a center! a 2 time defensive POTY in an area with a lot of great defensive players, Hakeem had real competition in the league in that regards. It's pretty safe to say that no NBA educated person thinks LeBron is better or just as good on defense as The Dream.

In 1989, Olajuwon had 282 blocks and 218 steals, becoming the only NBA player to record over 200 blocks and 200 steals in a season.

Olajuwon won the rebounding and blocked shots titles in 1990, becoming the third player ever (Abdul-Jabbar and Bill Walton) to lead the league in both categories during the same season.

5 All-Defensive First Team ('87, '88, '90, '93, '94) (Had a lot of competition, even he wasn't a shoe in with all the great defensive centers)

2 Defensive Player of Year Awards (1993 and 94)

3380 blocks and 2162 steals WOW.

[​IMG]

Jordan averaged 30ppg for his career. LeBron has averaged 30 or more only twice so far in his career. Jordan lead the league in scoring a record 10 times. There's really no debate here. Not to mention Jordan didn't disappear horribly like LeBron is known to.

[​IMG]

May 16 1980. Game 6 of the NBA finals. Kareem is out with an ankle injury. What does Magic do? Enter the game and plays center! 42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists as a ROOKIE in the finals.

From goodbug's signature

LeBron in two finals: 19.5P 7.1R 6.8A 41.7%FG 4.7TO

LeBron has NOT lived up to the hype. He has failed in the finals against Dallas (give him a pass on the Cleveland finals, he did take a terrible team to the finals. Of course the Spurs were going to win). He disappears in the fourth quarter or clutch moments. He says some of the dumbest things that make him very unlikable. He dances on the court when they're winning regular season games. He wears multiple headbands which shows self-esteem problems.

Statistically? LeBron is a BEAST. But the best ever? The GOAT?

1961 Oscar Robertson 31 points, 11 assists, 12 rebounds per game.

2000 Shaq 30 Points, 14 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks per game.

1962 Wilt 50 points, 25 rebounds

2003 Garnett 23 points, 1.5 steal, 1.5 blocks, 13 rebounds, 6 assists

1962 Elgin Baylor 38 points, 5 assists, 18 rebounds

1988 Jordan 35 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 53% FG

Is it fair to compare LeBron to these HOF players? It is when you're throwing out that he's the GOAT.

All of the above players were better statistically. And also? They had this
    [​IMG]

So is LeBron a GOAT?

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nice, give the troll even more attention, why can't people just put him on ignore

3. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

Whoa, this is uncalled for and another reason that supports lebron getting more hate htan anyone this good. Look at hollingers advanced stats, those can't be done by mistake. Lebron is one of the dPOY candidates and should be there. Does that mean he is better than Hakeem? no, what I was trying to say is that he is a two way player like hakeem that tehre are not many players who can be MVP and DPOY in the same season, its a short list and LBJ is there with hakeem

As far as offense with MJ. Mj was great, but he could not pass and distribute like lebron. Its well noted, as well with advanced stats, that MJ and kobe are proponents of hero ball and they just want all the glory. they are good, Mj is great, kobe is pretty good, but lebron is more efficient, deadly, can get in the lane better than both of them, and is not afraid to make the right past which makes him more pleasant to play with.

Lets remember that this many seasons in MJ didn't have a title yet, so lebron will probably still pass him up in that category and individually he has already passed up tese guys. Look, its not my opinion, these are advanced stats, per backing me up, thats stuff you can't fake. So you can call me a troll for having a player that I value or respect(EVeyone does, everyone defends them and has them on their signatures, so why the hell am i getting called out and i just started posting?), but the facts and the stats back up my assertion. Is there a case for hakeem? ofcourse and he is a rockets great, MJ? yea he was obviously among the top winners? Kobe, not really, but fan boys still like to put him soemwhere he doesn't belong..but lebron? the stats are all there that support him to be the goat, if not now, just afew steps away

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

LOL @ Lebron's pic! Apollo is right, you can't feed the troll.

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's trolling bro, a whole thread isn't needed.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Brian Scalabrine is the greatest of all time. LeBron 16 points in two minutes, Reggie's back to back threes in six seconds, Tracy's 13 in 33 seconds... Forget them. 2 minutes 1 championships. Now THATS efficiency!

1 person likes this.
  8. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

yea, this is uncalled for man. I didn't go make up the phrase, thats fully commercial, they use it in games, tshirts hwatever abotu the whole witnesses. You are acting like I am the only one. Plenty of people go up or down with tmac, francis, kobe, mj, whoever, i am just showing hte praise for hte guy who gets the most hate in the league but deserves the least, thats all, no reason to make a big deal

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Did tinman give you fellatio?

10. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

tonight is a great example. Lakers without kobe, Blew out spurs....they can do whatever they want or the smae wihtout their 'star'. Without MJ, bulls went to the semis/conference finals the next year, not as good, but still good. Without LBJ, cavs dipped to the lottery..he is just the most valuable, plain and simple, i don't get the argument other than for some reason not liking the guy.

11. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

12. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

:mad:close this thread NOW!!!!!!!!!!

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I have the weirdest boner right now...