1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we about to have a "Texas Spring"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by underoverup, Jun 27, 2013.

1. underoverup

underoverup Member

:grin:

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Until liberal politicians deny science or blurt out ridiculous comments about rape yes it is quite reasonable to believe liberals are on average smarter than conservatives. Of course there are intellectual Republicans but usually they aren't classified as socially conservative rather they just consider themselves libertarian. Not many bright social conservatives out there. If you don't believe me ask Rick Santorum. He agrees.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'll go ask Sheila Jackson Lee and Nancy Pelosi to get definite confirmation.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

There's a hard rain gonna fall...
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fI8U3pPx66I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Coming back in the state two years ago, you could even ask why they don't give it people who pay for it and have all the paperwork. Three visits, got tripped up once because the first name on the SSN doesn't match the birth certificates and existing Nebraska license; second visit was after I moved again in state and didn't have a utility or cable bill with the new address. The third time, and this is the most irritating, the line stretched outside, in the rain, they sent some b**** out offering to check peoples' documents; but she was really just trying to pick people off from the line, so I basically had to blow her off. Luckily when I got in, the first thing they asked was if I was a returning Texas resident who had been licensed here before ('98), so that whole god awful process was bypassed and I just surrendered the Nebraska license for the new Texas one. I don't know if it's more due to budget cuts or population growth, but that process and wait time just got very unpleasant; and with some really despicable people working there.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I guess I'm required to know this as a black, but no one has struck down the Civil Rights Act, whole or in part. But for the sake of discourse, you could fling your same ad hominems about the court in '54 that pre-emptively validated the Act by overturning 60 years of precedent. Of course that falls apart when you realize the d******d who personally tried to stop them also saved Europe, ended the Holocaust and McCarthyism. And another mind**** for ya, the one dissenting vote in Plessy that validated Jim Crow was a stone cold, Southern ex-slaveowner.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Wendy Davis isn't even going to win her seat back if she runs for the Senate, and she sure as hell can't win a state-wide race. This is all wishes and dreams for Democrats, but the reality is the majority of Texas voters are conservative, and do not agree with what Wendy Davis stands for. Republicans will continue to win elections and Democrats will continue to lose as they have for the last 20 years.

8. treeman

treeman Member

I would be ecstatic if Davis ran for the governorship. She'd excite the base, who would pour millions upon millions into her campaign coffers and spend thousands of man-hours campaigning for her, only to see it all flushed down the toilet when she lost by double digits. It would be Wisconsin all over again, but not even remotely as close on election day.

I say go for it.

1 person likes this.
  9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Very interesting article.

Texas Republicans Lose Three Major Donors In 2013

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The deaths this year of three major Texas Republican donors, including a billionaire who died over the weekend, could signal a generational change for party kingmakers in the nation's largest GOP stronghold.

Harold Simmons, whose business interests ranged from energy to nuclear waste dumps, helped transform Texas from a Democrat-controlled state in the 1970s to a Republican stronghold by the turn of the century. Simmons' death Saturday came after Republicans lost home builder Bob Perry in April and businessman Leo Linbeck Jr. in June. For decades, all three helped bankroll political campaigns both in Texas and nationwide.

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

LOL, look at the data. The more educated a person is, the more likely they are to vote for Democrats.

Sorry to smack you so hard with the facts, brah, but your avoidance of them doesn't make them any less factual.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The dollars will be replaced by frackers and their PE brokers, hopefully their entrepreneurial talent and success will be also.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Help make it happen by joining here.