1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we a one dimensional team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darin1998, Nov 13, 2002.

1. darin1998

darin1998 Member

I know it's early in the season, but I think we are too one dimensional of a team. Cat and Francis are scoring over 50% of the offense and opposing teams have little fear of our inside offensive presence.

I think this situation is only temporary because of the late start of Rice, Thomas, and Taylor excellent scorers; however, with Francis shooting so well, can we blame him for scoring so much?

I'd like to open this thread up for discussion?

2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

part of the lopsidedness is due to Rudy wanting to ride out this streak that Francis is on. If francis averages 30 ppg for the year, it means that a bunch of our players went down with injuries.

part of the lopsidedness is due to motay and KT getting into the offense, and griffin developing. I see the three of them putting up 35 ppg.

I expect that Ming will become more of a factor later this year, which should further shift the emphasis from outside to inside. At heart, rudy knows the iportance of a post up game.

3. spence99

spence99 Member

You can't get on Francis. He is shooting over 50%, so that means he is taking good shots. I think the Rockets at times during games will start to do some iso's, but they are getting better. One thing the Rockets are getting much better at is fast breaks. I hope we see them continue that!

4. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

If by "one dimensional" you mean "Blazer-Ass Whoopin Team"...then yeah, the Rockets are a one dimensional team.

5. Raven

Raven Member

You don't win a championship without an inside game, unless you have MJ on your team.

Raven

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Rockets are already becoming less reliant on Steve Francis. Even though he took over the game yesterday, the Rockets won because of great defense.

Eddie is starting to develop his low post game. He really showed that against Portland. His defense is already superb.

Kenny Thomas is starting to get into a groove. Glen Rice has hit some big shots, and will be a great weapon off the bench. Mo Taylor will shake off the rust, and start hitting that long jumper. Yao will keep improving, and will be a major factor by mid-season.

Right now, the guards are winning games. Once the team starts to blend together, and get a feel for each other, the games will be more balanced.

The Rockets are going to win a lot of games this year, and beat a lot of good teams.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Who is talking championships. I'm just glad I get to watch hoops in May during the playoffs.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i agree. making the playoffs is the goal for this year. if it takes steve and cat scoring 75% of our points to get us there, i say do it.

then next year when we are worried about advancing we can start diversifying our offence.

9. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Or Isiah Thomas