1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are they gonna ref Dwight like this the entire series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

It was easy to see one of Dwight's second half fouls coming. On the play before it happened, Barea slammed into him going around a pick and shot backward like Dwight's elbow nearly decapitated him. This was right in front of the ref and Barea gave him the hurt puppy look. Very next play the exact same thing happened and Dwight got called. They will keep doing this until the refs feel like they have to call something.

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Of course that is what he is saying. What else could it possibly be?

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Maybe not but I wouldn't be surprised if elmer fudd eats dinner at cubans house every time he's in dallas

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Look if the refs call Dwight like they do others, Dwight would absolutely shut down everything and make all the idiots in the media and NBA in general look like idiots and morons.

There is a clear note to the refs to stop Dwight from completely dominating this game.

5. Zbed

Zbed Member

I hate that refing is based on if you have a reputation defensively or if your just a rookie that shouldn't matter it should be officiated fairly

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Dwight Howard has never flopped. He's a MAN>

I give Dick a 3.8 on the beautiful swan dive he performed in front of me Saturday night.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It was frustrating that Howard was limited by foul calls. But, on the whole the reffing was pretty favorable to the Rockets. I haven't looked, but I bet the Mavs boards are blowing up about how unfair the refs were. The next game will have a different crew and the calls will probably go differently. But, I'd probably take Game 1 whistles over the uncertainty of whatever we get next. Howard was limited, but Harden got plenty of calls.

I don't think Cuban is paying refs off, or has in the past. I don't think he will in the future either because of the deterrents he faces. But, I bet he would if he thought he could get away with it.

8. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Remember when one of us made that video of hardens improved defense and how it got picked up by small websites and then spread like wildfire? Same thing. Let's make a video of dirks flipping over and over and I'm sure it'll get picked up and spread the same. Like it was said before, nothing is going to change unless people bring attention to it. So, my fellow CFers, let's bring some attention to it.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Houston had a + 28 free throw advantage and you still have fans complainining about the refs. Unreal. You have to watch Cousins if you want to know who gets the worst treatment among the refs.

10. DAROckets

There are flopping videos all over the youtube .If the NBA really wanted to end flopping they could accomplish it with ease .. They acted like they were going to address the issue by fining people but they half assed it and didn't fine superstars who are the worst .

Problem is the officials usually don't even see a foul ,they just respond to the players reaction . They could set up like the NFL with a separate location that monitors games . When a player clearly flops they could reverse it and instead give the foul to the flopper .Might slow the game a bit but I bet flopping would become less of an issue after a couple of seasons . Between the horrible officiating ,flops and hack a player the NBA is becoming almost unwatchable

11. DAROckets

Big number of those were intentional

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

now do you see why i hate the warriors fans, its not just steph curry and espn that i hate... its how cocky they are. All they do is crap is Houston, they crap on D. Morey, Amin Elhassin craps on Harden.. eff the warriors and eff ESPN

This is war

--- check out this little dig by elhassin.. one of his disappointments was that the mavs lost to the rockets in game 1 by playing rondo too much. You can make this stuff up

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/12726522/highlights-first-weekend

Elhassan: Dallas' insistence to stick with Rajon Rondo lineups, even as it was obvious Houston would not even entertain the thought of guarding him off the ball. He deep-sixes almost every Dallas lineup he appears in. I thought they'd figure out that it's time to bench him

13. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

I'm sure you all did, but I felt Dwight's frustration every time he was taken out of the game for foul trouble. You can easily read his lips saying 'b****a** n***a' towards Tyson. Tyson was flopping so much off missed rebounds, as if he kept getting pushed into the 3rd row. Disgusting, I don't want my big acting that often.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thought they whistled Prigs worse the other night. Yes there was a lot of phantom calls last night and the refs tried their best to keep the contest close...but it wont matter. The Rockets should beat these Mavs, just purely on talent level. The coaching aspect will be more magnified if the Rockets manage to get to round 2.

15. LA_Baller

LA_Baller Member

Clutch Fans lets be real.

Out of 5 of the calls against Howard, 3 of them were his fault. Hooking his arm agaisnt Dirk for that rebounds, setting an awkward pick against barea, Putting too much of his shoulders agaisnt Tyson Chandler thus bumping him when he goes up. Call them Tacky but they are sure fouls that will always be called.

Other then that it was pure domination. If he stays away from those smalls fouls we win every game by 10+.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

If Howard is called only for the three fouls he clearly committed (the ones you say were his fault), then (1) Howard isn't pulled from the game due to foul trouble and (2) no one here would be complaining.

17. Badrose

Badrose Member

Exactly, and all of them were really stupid fouls

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

(mild applause)

19. ch44

ch44 Member

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That is criticism of Dallas, not Houston.