1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the warriors going to win 73?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Nov 10, 2015.

Tags:
?

73?

1. yes

233 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. no

182 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I wish Curry didn't sink that close to half court buzzer beater against OKC to give GSW the win.

That way these last two Spurs - GSW games would be epic with Spurs still having a chance for HCA right through the playoffs

I know it's all in retrospect and hindsight but whatever

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

When the Warriors comes to San Antonio one of the season-long goals will be dashed: either the Warriors will fall short of beating the Bulls win record, or the Spurs will fall short of a perfect home record.

3. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

With this talk of the Spurs preferring rest over record, don't you begin to wonder if the Warriors are running out of gas and need to rest their players?

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What a choke job. Warriors do not deserve the record.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't consider it a choke job. They are frayed and mentally exhausted. It happened some during the Bulls' season also but that team was mentally tougher than these Warriors.

What I'm curious to see is how the Warriors are in the playoffs beginning with the 2nd round. Did they peak too early or can they resurrect their "A" game?

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Depends on the Refs

Rocket River

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Iguodala doesn't care about 73 wins: The &quot;Patriots go whatever-&amp;-0 &amp; then they don’t win a Super Bowl &amp; y’all don’t talk about them anymore&quot;</p>&mdash; Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/717823473339379712">April 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

How funny that he highlights the Pats. You know, the same team that uses illegal tactics to win? Whodathunkit.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i feel like the spurs should go for the 41-0 record.

just like i feel like the warriors should go for 73 (even though i don't want them to get it). i feel like these things should mean at least something and am glad the warriors think they do, too.

i realize that you would take the championship over the record and that no one will really care if you rest players and don't get the record, but i feel like you owe it to yourselves and to just "competition" in general to want both. it feels cheap to basically be like "well we could've gotten the record but we just rested our players" instead of actually proving that you could get the record on the court and taking the chance that someone will outplay you and keep you from getting it.

as JV said, a battle for 41-0 vs 73-9 would be pretty epic if they all play in the game. and i feel like the spurs even owe it to everyone else to try and beat the warriors and make the 73 wins mean something and not a record where they basically dodged 2 games against the other best team in the league because the schedule just happened to pit them against each other right before the playoffs. i also feel like i would be mad as a spurs fan if we had a chance at 41-0 (and then the overall homecourt streak starting next season) and didn't take that chance.

both teams will get plenty of rest in round 1.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Cry me a river Iggy. You want the credit? How about you don't care what people think and just worry about your own accomplishment of 73 wins in case it happens.

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The thing with the Warriors is that they are great because they play as a team, not like every other NBA team, save the Hawks & Spurs, which mostly relies on individual ISO plays. Curry is the only one who can consistently get a bucket for them, but they need everyone to commit to be great.

The good news for them is that they do have enough right players to run the system, and play better than anyone when all of them committed. However, they also showed that when they are not totally committed, they can lose to a bad team.

#431 daoshi, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

no shame to end up with the 2nd best record of Alltime

but I think they will either tie with 72 wins or break it.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody is going to win 82 wins - once in a while everyone is going to lose against a bad team. Lmao

Different eras - there is no Jordan, Kareem, Hakeem - those dominating players

Curry is a god shooter but he is hardly dominating every facet of the game

14. itony

itony Member

Lol is he crying? Seems like he's saying we need to win the ring not set a record

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

How good are the Warriors going to be when the refs stop giving them gifts? Draymond's tip was clearly going to hit the rim. I dare espn to do a proper physics analysis.

16. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

There's 2 more games left. How much more tired are theh going to get?

The starters already dont play heavy minutes, are young, and its more than likely they will breeze through round 1 and get rest.

You've gotta be competitive when young. There's no guarantee by resting up a couple of games they will beat the Spurs.

17. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

How did the Bulls handle resting players down the stretch in '96?

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

No need to give them a gift when it wasn't going to hit the rim.

Starts at 0:14.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/00Ki3XiRYuE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

The refs let them throw football blocks for screens. Hell, even Curry was able to stagger ZBo by putting all he had into ZBo like ZBo was a blocking sled. Of course they're gonna win 73.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't see them winning vs SA on a back to back that they barely won.