1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the warriors going to win 73?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Nov 10, 2015.

Tags:
?

73?

1. yes

233 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. no

182 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">FWIW, Tony Parker says he thinks Pop will play everyone on Thursday at GSW (except Diaw obviously)</p>&mdash; Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/717590798271778816">April 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Tell that to last year's Spurs.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

they don't care. they beat the clips in LA that series. like i said they really don't care for HCA has much as some of yall probably think they do and they've made it known that. As champions for years they already know you have to win on the road regardless.

4. Major

Major Member

Didn't they specifically emphasize their desire to get HCA 2 years ago after their game 6/7 losses at Miami the previous year?

5. dchoye

dchoye Member

I think Spurs want to keep their win streak at home and play everyone at home
    Not sure about the away game at GSW. Why not play everyone ? They can rest the starters against

6. dchoye

dchoye Member

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

not to my knowledge but Pop has specifically emphasized this throughout the years

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has a strong opinion about the value of home-court advantage.

“It doesn’t matter,” he said earlier this season, as the Spurs were gathering momentum after their injury epidemic. “It never has.”

8. hakeemthagreat

I just don't understand why the refs get away with this foolishness. In no scenario should a charge be reviewed & overturned. Let alone to the advantage of the best team in the league, in the 4th quarter, coincidentally on pace to break a league record. Had that been us this whole board would insane

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't see how you can say that Pops doesn't care about HCA, when SAS actually got the #1 seed 3 out of 5 years this decade. I guess some will say that they got it despite their strategy to not care.

And the two years they didn't get #1, they lost in a 7th game on the road.

That said, they don't have much chance catching GSW. They are down three games in the loss column.

10. AXG

AXG Member

I never thought I'd root for the Spurs. They have two chances to win one game, hopefully both. I don't think Memphis has a chance. Quite frankly, I want Memphis to lose both games, too.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

As for the blocking call -- it has been explained by francis 5 prez in the game thread.

In under two minutes, the rules state that they can review a block/charge to see if the defender's feet were in the circle or not. It is indeed in the rule book.

12. SunsRocketsfan

This upcoming Spurs game is going to be awesome!!!!

It's amazing SAS is sitting at only 12 losses and undefeated at home and no one is talking about them!!! they do this every single year

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The Warriors faltering is delicious. Mwahahaha!

Suck it, BSPN.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm sure they would have loved to have game 7 in SA.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

interesting

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course they would, why wouldn't they but they don't make it a priority over rest/health.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And what good did the rest/health do when they got bounced in the first round largely due to lack of HCA?

They care... of course they're not going to burn out their geriatric guys to get it... but they do care.

18. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

If Pop were reading this thread he would read YOLO's responses and smile. All the while thinking to himself "They bought it!!!" "They believe."

[​IMG]

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

all hindsight right there.

the point from the beginning was that they don't make it a priority as high as obviously other teams in the league. There's no other team in the league that rest there players as much as they have done throughout the years no matter what position they are in as far as getting HCA.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

hindsight at its finest yet again