1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the timberwolves racist...should be in DD

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by eddiewinslow, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jclee

jclee Member

Really? So why goes Terrell bring up this issue? The undertone is about why there are so many white players on the team and he is accusing the team being racist. What if a white person said that " oh, why aren't there more white players in nba?" Black people will be jumping all over that! Blacks need to Stop blaming everything on others, that's why everyone hates your ass!

2. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

Alot of indirect hatred in this thread. Fact is african americans will continue to dominate sports in pretty much every way. With this it causes alot of resentment from some in other races (some in this thread). Even if Minnesota is purposely screening for white players, it'll still always be a sport dominated by african americans so who cares anyway.

Minnesota will suck

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

lol Minnesota will suck? Based on what exactly? They're a pretty formidable team when their two best players are healthy. Funny how you're calling out the hatred and then you hate on Minnesota yourself.

4. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

Dude, yall been trollin this whole thread lol. I simply stated Minnesota will suck because that's my opinion. Just like your Warren Moon comment. As stupid as it sounds its still your opinion

People make blatant racist comments towards african americans in the news every other day that go unnoticed. But as soon as a african american brings up race yall get all worked up and excited lol. If you think what Terrell said was blatant racism then you don't fully understand what it feels to be REALLY discriminated against. That comment is nothing compared to racist comments people make about black folks.

Broaden your horizon kids

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

lol..

1) I don't know who y'all is, I have nothing to do with anyone else in this thread. Nothing I said in my previous two posts were trolling.

2) Ok, do you also care to explain why you think Minnesota will suck? It's fine to have that opinion, just curious as to why you think they will.

3) The Warren Moon comment goes along with this whole article. It's not even a story. My first post said exactly that, this has been made a big deal over nothing because it's baseless. The Warren Moon thing was a comparison to this because it's also baseless. This article is a non-story. That's all I've said.

The only opinion I've had about this is that Minnesota is not a racist organization and that there is nothing to this article whatsoever.

6. jyaomingson

jyaomingson Member

7. StraightG

StraightG Member

Oh is that why everyone hates us? Now I understand why slavery, Jim Crow, lynching, and institutionalized racism existed. It's because we were blaming everything on others. Thanks for that lesson guy. :rolleyes:

We have really far to go in terms of understanding race relations in this country. Some of you insensitive folks in this thread aren't even trying to understand where Mr. Terrell may be coming from. You won't acknowledge that there is a long history of racial issues, current issues that are influencing Terrell's feelings on the matter.

8. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

Black people ALWAYS complain! They sound like children who pout and shout when they don't get things their way. Black vs. white violence, it's racist against black. Team with many white members, it's racist. WTF? If Obama loses the election, it's racist.

9. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

in the NHL for sure

10. Jan

Jan New Member

Sorry but does this (the bold part) not show that Mr. Terrell was being racist?? as he feels and believes that white players are not good enough otherwise why would he bring this up? I wonder that he would feel if the team was composed of white players with black heritage like Blake Griffin and Klay Thompson I guess since they are not black it would still cause a problem for Mr. Terrell.

11. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Now that Larry Miller is gone Utah doesn't specifically sign/draft white players to please the majority of the fan base. In fact they only have 2 white guys on their roster. We have more white guys than Utah.

12. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

Lol Trolling at its finest

Black people dominate sports and currently run this country. The person your screen named after is black man. Without african americans there's no NBA or NFL. Your obviously upset at this. Why? Is your sense of entitlement threatened? Because the only person I hear "complaining" is YOU (and Donald Trump).

Get over yourself

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Will a team like this every get built in Brooklyn?

14. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

By the way there's more thug activity in hockey but yet the NBA gets the bad rap.

The times we live in:rolleyes:

15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so you dont ever see any headline or local news that some poor black folk allegedly being racially discriminated? hmm.... hope you dont live in a cave.

by the way, i dont think tree mac is referring to black athletes or the prez, just blacks in general.

16. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

So you respond to black folks complaining by complaining lol. Just pure ignorance.

17. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

Well Treemac' a poor soul

Comments like "If Obama loses its because of racism" are just flat out stupid. Obviously theres a portion of this country who still have racist beliefs towards african americans. Treemac's position of blacks is not only offbase but shallow. He thinks all blacks do complain like Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh and Fox news never existed. Its just dumb

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lock this thread it's going nowhere and people are talking crazy

19. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

Obama is half white, but since he's the closest to black, I see love to claim him as your own. And for the record, Obama is not even African American black. He's African continent black, huge difference. Africans have more class than you guys. But keep on responding like an idiot, I'm out.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.