1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are The Rockets Really Not Going To Change Their Awful Uni's This Offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Games6&7in94, May 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I feel like this is a bit of an exaggeration in a league where all of the following exist.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the following recently existed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm counting my blessings on this one, our current duds are perfectly average.

2. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

5. Alternate Black Kings
    4. Road Jazz
    3. Road and Alternate 76ers
    2. Alternate Hawks
    1. Road Golden State

3. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

5. Clippers
    4. Spurs
    3. Jazz
    2. Bulls
    1. Celtics

Keep it clean and simple. The rest is for AAU teams.

4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Who wants simple? I love your unique uniforms, you guys sound like Hank Hill. Go sell propane.

5. cod

cod Member

You just have bad taste.

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

We have a top 5 worst jersey in the L.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

From the shorter 3 pt line.

8. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Thank you.

9. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

none of our jerseys sell around the nation..even when yao was here and healthy. and i hate how we have like shoulder pads or something. its looks ridiculous.

10. RJoc5onJr.

RJoc5onJr. Member

i think the design of the jersey is cool, but i DO hate the cut.

11. bewy

bewy Member

The ugly uniforms is the reason why free agents dont wanna come here.

12. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

I'm pretty sure they wont change the logo anytime soon. Look at next years all star game logo. It has the same font Houston.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But hope they can at least change the unis (Keep the colors)

13. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Tradition will be very hard to maintain when folks like you are clamoring for change...

An objective person can see that the Lakers/Celtics logos/unis are blah....but they keep the tradition and people have grown to like it.

We have a recognizable logo that is simple and easy to remember. The logo/unis are fine.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is Les's fault. We didn't need to change anything.

Our logo now looks like Quake Arena.

15. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I would have been okay with the Championship uniforms. I wasn't sure what would motivate folks to change it after so many Rockets fans had good memories with it.

Taking memories out of the equation, I'm objective enough to see that our current logo is better and more unique. There is no need to show a basketball in the logo (ala the Pacers, Hawks). One or two letters to represent the team is more powerful than a complex logo--some examples, "C", "NY", "B", "A", "M", "T" Most sports fans know what those letters represent. Our "R" will have staying power.

Your Quake reference and others Dracula reference is like saying that lemonade is yellow like ... so I won't drink it...or chocolate is brown like ... so I won't eat it. I don't think it has merit.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I like our uniforms. I actually think they are one of the better looking uniforms.

i didn't really like our previous one, but I also didn't like the championship logo (sorry).

17. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

There seems to be a rather loud minority right now speaking out against our uniforms...and I just don't understand why.

I think our uniforms are at the very least one of the top 10 most asthetically appealing uniforms in the league. Great style, recognizable font, good colors (red/silver), clean and mostly simple. Maybe the cut could be updated, but for the most part, these uniforms are solid.

The comparison to chinese takeout just seems racist and unfounded. Candycanes? What stripes are you talking about? There's one on each side and it's a stylized ring more than a stripe. They look nothing like candycanes. Again, this is a bad comparison.

The only comparison I've read/seen that has any merit is the dracula one. But even that's a stretch. The closest you can come is suggesting that the red trails on the R is dripping blood. Why? Because it's red? The design of those streaks gives the logo upward movement (something this franchise hasn't seen in a long time).

It truly suprirses me that anyone can forget just how horrid the pajamas were in the late 90's, which by the way was a fan-created design. I can understand wanting to return to the championship days (mustard and ketchup and the old logo). But save this for an alternate uniform or for when we're close to contention again.

This team doesn't need entirely new uniforms now. Maybe update the cut and tweak the logo, but for the most part, the colors and the logo are recognizable, and the style is clean and simple. They don't need change.

The roster needs change.

1 person likes this.
  18. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Um the Rockets current uniform was designed by the costume designer for Bram Strokers Dracula. That's a fact, so those comparisons aren't merely opinions.

Not sure how you can argue with the other observations about Chinese food take out boxes and candycanes, they seem to be dead on accurate.

So, while YOU and a few others seem to appreciate what they currently have, there's a fairly large contingency locally along with the rest of the United States who don't purchase Rockets apparel that think the current logo/branding/uni's is pure garbage. It doesn't look like NBA quality gear, regardless of the fact that it stands out.

19. archinkent

archinkent Member

They can keep the unis, but just trim down the shoulder areas just for Patterson's sake :grin:

[​IMG]

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The shoulders are ridiculous, the jersey is pretty terrible but the worst is our logo.