1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets even interested in Scoot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, May 22, 2023.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I believe Scoot is the same height as Ja Morant with an extra 2 inches of wingspan on Ja. They both have the ability to leap out of the building. I think Scoot will eventually learn to shoot the ball well and his speed is definitely mind boggling. He's definitely a franchise changer and if we have the chance to acquire him, we do it! Jabari's ability to shoot the 3 at his height and play both ends of the floor makes him the only person I wouldn't trade just yet. If it costs Jalen and the pick, it should 100% be a no brainer.

Aruba77 likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If portland gets scoot at 3, we trade up, give them our 4th, KPJ, and KMJ. They get solid win now veterans
    I'm feeling Iko today

[​IMG]

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

:(

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah... he's gonna go #2 or #3 in the end

Just don't see two front offices passing up on that kinda talent.

I feel like we're going to end up with Amen or Miller

6. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Things can always change. This was as of last week. Some more interesting things were said but I don’t want to out the source so I won’t go into more. It was more about free agency and a particular player on the team that the front office likes more than most posters do.

seclusion likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Welcome, Dillon Brooks!

9. MystikArkitect

Pretty clear who the other player is they like more than Scoot. Iko had reported something that was similar in tone.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is no secret that they like KPJ more than Scoot Henderson - and they are right, he is 2+ years into being a very good combo guard, and putting Henderson in would be a major step backwards for a while - while we are trying to move forwards.

They are trying to build around the core of Green, KPJ, Bari and Sengun - folks need to quit whining about it and get behind it.

DD

PatBev likes this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I doubt they like KPJ better than Scoot Henderson. They're not that bad at evaluating talent.

12. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think KPJs makes him valuable as Ime keeps speaking on it

I think between KPJ shooting and playmaking and Senguns playmaking ability there is really no need for a one dimensional point guard in Henderson when you could draft a versatile playmaker in Amen

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

lets stop acting like any of these kids not named Wenbanyama is sure to be good on the NBA level right off the bat. Jalen was way better than Scoot pre-nba with the body of the 15 year old kid.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sounds like you're talking about KPJ, which is also disappointing.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Was he though?

Jalen (G-League):
    17.9 points, 4.1 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 46/36/83% shooting

Scoot (G-League):
    17.6 points, 6.4 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 44/32/75% shooting

No prospect (not even Wemby) is a 100% guaranteed sure thing, but Scoot Henderson is about as close as it gets from a non-#1 pick.

xaos likes this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

Jalen had basically no question marks, better stats while being way less developed physically. And we saw how hard it was to adjust to the NBA. Scoot won't be overpowering anyone in the NBA, he won't be a scorer without the 3 point shot too. He reminds me much more of a Jrue than D Rose at this point. I think I would take Amen anyway - he looks like Raptors rookie-McGrady. Great potential tbh

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Is scoot even interested in playing for poorman? Coach horny? Or being 3rd wheel to 2 bums jalen green and sengun?

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think it's that out there to like Amen more than Scoot, but man is Scoot a special competitor. Has that special kind of ultra-competitive crazy factor you associate with guys like MJ and Kobe. Not saying he'll be as good as those players, that's a tall order, but I absolutely love his attitude.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Apparently you are though.....

Right now KPJ is a very very good NBA player, Scoot Henderson is a decent Gleague player.......

DD

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

I read all Year predraft about Jalen having 6’6 with Kobe mentality and drive. Nothing of that ha materialized yet

OremLK likes this.