1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets better without Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Mar 31, 2013.

1. babyface44

babyface44 Member

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I expected this thread to be filled with stupidity, but my god, some of these posts...

I love how you think Harden could come close to MJ, yet the Rockets should bring him off the bench. Brilliant.

#422 HMMMHMM, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bravefox is up there if not ahead of my shreddian cousin Rodman:grin:

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

This is a sports chat site with predominantly GROWN PEOPLE who visit here and don't want to see that shiddd.. You F up the board with that shiddd. And artists create, you just post other people's art so you're a their. Being a troll is one thing being a troll and annoying is too much for me... Congrats for becoming the very first person on my ignore list...

And by the way, you say remix but you keep repeating the same thing about Harden.

Clutch must like this shid though since he's letting you get away with it..

5. sean joh

sean joh Member

No Comcast at ur home right?:grin:

6. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Well, actually it is all possible.

In the era of salary cap, the money saved on those superstars will be used to sign 2 or 3 or whatever numbers of quality players. The key is to get your money's worth, get a balanced roster, get players whose playing style will compliment each other.

Just look Carmelo's stats, you would think he has multiple rings.

That been said, this rockets team can win a lot games in a short period of time without Harden, but no way it would be a better team for the whole season.

7. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Okay, Lin fans are collectly guilty of this thread.:rolleyes:

8. wincan459

wincan459 Member

You know what, this is the cheapest post I have read in a while.

9. basketballholic

Mods, why isn't this thread locked?

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You have been here for 2 months so it can't be that long.

11. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Let me play the Toroncan role for once.

Harden PPS:1.536
    The rest of starters PPS: 1.31
    The difference = 0.226
    Harden's FGA = 16.9. 16.9*0.226 = 3.82.
    So if other starters shared Harden's shots, the team would score 3.8 points less per game.

Current the 105.9 points per game would be reduced to 102.1, dropping from 2nd to 6th.

Meanwhile, as Harden being perceived weak on defence, which I suppose would some how affect the whole team's defence also. Coincidently the team is 28th in point allowed, even they are not bad on rebounds(9th).

If the money spent on Harden is spent on a max player with average offense and strong defense, will the team compensate the 3.8 points by allowing less points for the opponents? What do you think?

Without Harden, will the Rockets play better team ball therefore increase everyone's efficiency?

I don't know any of above for sure, but can anyone have a definite NO for answer?

The team may not be better without Harden, but you don't know for sure. I believe we need to refrain ourselves to be worshipers of "superstars".

12. wincan459

wincan459 Member

I read this forum long before I signed in. I also read a lot forums besides this one.:p

It is a cheap shot post, just read it yourself.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can SAFELY say that, yes, the Rockets are better with James Harden than without him.

14. liunatic

liunatic Member

Are you sure? I think you may be in danger of offending some people on this board..

15. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Would you elaborate that formula why FGA operates with the difference :confused: I'm not so good at physics

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Next you'll claim Harden is the best player on the team. :eek:

17. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Fair enough, from your STATEMENT I know you have FAITH in Harden.

Faith does not need facts to support.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So....do you think the Rockets are better without Harden, rather than with him?

19. wincan459

wincan459 Member

What do you mean?

Every shot Harden took, he made 0.226 points more than the average of the other starters. He attempt 16.9 shots per game. If the other starters take hardens shots, collectively they will make 3.82 points less per game.

That is what I understand.

20. amak316

amak316 Member

lol cmon, the team is best with Harden. The key to our success will either be major roster changes in the offseason, or learning how to get the best out of Lin and Harden at the same time. I think personally that will only come with staggering of their minutes, but maybe there's another solution. Both ways for our team to have success we will need both to play at a superstar level.