1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets better without Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

Someone should make a Are the Rockets better Without Parsons? thread.

2. Postcall

Postcall Member

Trade Harden for Westbrook run a 3 pg system where every pg guard a bigger man(Bev is really small). The ball movement would be insane. I will do some 2k13 analysis and report my findings.

3. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Come on, Children of the Corn, if going to be sarcastic, at least have the stats correctly back you up.

2-2 w/o Harden
    1-1 w/o Parsons

4. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Im not trying to troll here and I understand this team wouldnt even be in playoff contention without Harden but in 4 games Harden has missed Lin has averaged 21.5 and 7 and we went 2-2 (Prob couldve won the spurs game). I know its only 4 games and Im sure he had quite a few turnovers in these games but lets not be sl quick to calling him overpaid or a bust. Because you never know how he could have done being the main play maker. With that being said, no one can convince me that this team would be top 10 in the West, let alone 7th if it werent for Harden

5. torocan

torocan Member

2-2 w/o Harden

0-1 vs the Spurs, Overtime loss (Currently #1 seed)
    1-1 vs the Clippers (Currently #4 seed)
    1-0 vs the Magic (Currently #15 seed in the East)

I'd say that's very respectable given the level of competition.

6. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Talent wise we are not better without Harden, that goes without saying. But you can't deny that they play as a team better without him, especially on the defensive end. Chemistry is still an issue and its up to these guys to be more assertive and aggressive if Harden starts drifting off into ISO land, or has a lack of effort on D. The ball movement and rotations on D have been a beautiful thing to watch these past 2 games.

Harden's injury may have been a blessing in disguise because aside from that Spurs game earlier in the year, we've never really seen what they were capable of til now, heck they probly didn't know it either because they always defer to Harden. Great confidence boost for team, and Harden begins to trust his teams' talent a bit more.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

We aren't better without Harden. But I think people are realizing how important Asik is to this team. I don't think we would have won any of the last two games without him. This team will still score a ton of points without Harden.

8. StevieCrossover

Does james harden play better with a beard or no beard?

9. tada

tada Member

I'd say this game shows you the value of having The PG. I have no problem with Harden initiating the offense. But, Parsons and Delfino should stay away from playing PGs in spurts. I'd say JLin should play 70% of the PG duties during first three quarters while Harden plays remaining 30%. During 4th, there roles should be reversed and let Harden close out the game.

10. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I actually wouldn't mind him going back to the headband look,would make stand out more than he already does. Every team should have one headband guy lol and Harden is the only one on this team that can pull it off.

11. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Lin make others better

12. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Harden needs to reduce his energy in attack 20% and redirect it to defence

the rest of team can pick up the offence

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

[​IMG]

You must be forgetting somebody...

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

His lips....they are like 2 hot dogs.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

How quickly you forget?

Before the trade, there were many games we won by routing the opponents. Ball movement and scoring was as crisp with Harden in the line-up. Yes, and there were games when both Harden and Lin were doing their thing. Co-existing beautifully. Toney Douglas was being Toney Douglas.

Problems started after the trade when we had to integrate DMo and TRob.

The Asik-Smith frontline has been a bigger factor in getting us back than Harden being out. Also Garcia finding his shooting touch and stepping into Toney's role. Believe me, when the team struggles with scoring, you will ask for Harden back again.

You have short memories. I don't want to go back to our last three years when we played without a superstar. Never again ...

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Agree.

That's the job of the coaches. Harden will continue being himself, until the coaches direct him otherwise.

17. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The Rox at times play better w/out Harden because they play harder, and smarter: it's because they know they have to.

Seriously...if the Rox were to win the next 5 or 6 games in a row w/out Harden then I would say...alright, not bench him, but anyhow decrease his minutes. The Rox's offense ever since around the time of the trade is less ball movement, less movement w/out the ball, everyone stands around and watches Harden goes ISO.

Do you need a superstar to win games? Not necessarily. There are teams overseas like Team Barcelona which have no NBA players, yet they can beat NBA teams because of their team play: i.e. effort, ball movement, being in sync, etc.

18. coffeelover665

No way this team is better without Harden,

If anything you hold the coaches responsible for not being able to create a plan for this all to work

The coaches have the tools, its up to them to utilize them

19. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

i dunno but they looked pretty good out there w/o him...

20. Gertso

Gertso Member

I'm only surprised at people being surprised. This kind of crap is expected from this cesspool.