1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets being sneaky?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaynguyen82, Mar 11, 2012.

1. jaynguyen82

jaynguyen82 New Member

Those sneaky little Rockets...I bet Lowry was told by Houston management to fake his "groin injury" so that they could audition Goran Dragic to potential suitors aka the Lakers. The Houston Rockets have persisted that they do not want to trade Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry and instead have put Luis Scola, Goran Dragic, Chase Budinger, Marcus Morris, Hasheem Thabeet, and their 2012 first round pick (New York's originally) on the table for Pau Gasol. The Lakers still insisted that Lowry be included, so the Rockets asked Lowry to "make up a believable ailment."

Kyle Lowry (illness) recently had a 'procedure' in a NYC-area hospital -- he will miss Sunday's game and is doubtful to play Tuesday in Oklahoma City. From rotoworld: Lowry's status is a bit of a mystery, though we're not encouraged by his Tweet on Friday, "Will be out of commission for a while!!" He could play as soon as Wednesday.

What procedure did Lowry have done? For a sprain groin? In a nameless NYC hospital? Sounds very, very suspicious. Lowry will be FULLY healed right after the trade deadline. Other reports show Lowry was hospitalized with a high fever...weird, a procedure for a high fever I guess.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

It all does seem a little weird.

Although I could probably be convinced to give up Lowry for Bogut.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Lowry is out because of an unknown stomach infection.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We DO NOT want to see Flynn running the point with the 2nd group.

(If you watched last night, you understand)

5. King901

King901 Member

I wonder if you just made that account to post this dumb thing... He is in NY hospital because he is Sick. I guess no one is allowed to ever get sick. If they dont want to trade him, they arent going to. They dont need to say he is sick so he doesnt get traded.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont think its that far fetched....

They're not pulling him to avoid trading him... they're pulling him to highlight Dragic going into the trade deadline....

The reports on Kyle's injury have been very sketchy...

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

welcome to clutchfans

8. QazQay

QazQay Member

Dragic has been averaging over 20 mins a game this season, so its not like we were showing him off, if thats what you mean. Lowry's sickness is real, as evidenced by it affecting him in the last game he played.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

oh god. That means more johnny flynn. I'd take T-will over Flynn at backup point at this point.

10. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Any update on Kyle? Has he tweeted anything recently?

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. Remember a few weeks back with the deadline for guaranteed contracts? They knew Adrien was going to be waived, so they gave him heavy minutes. They wanted to help him find another job in the NBA, but it didn't work out.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Obviously you don't follow Lowry on Twitter. The guy has been asking people to pray for him for crying out loud. The guy is sick. Very much so.

However, there are other things going on like the recent Terrence Williams showcasing and halftime tummy ache that are obvious cover ups by the coaches and front office. Every team showcases during trade season. The Rockets are no different than any other team.

13. Margrave

Margrave Member

Yeah he is sick but asking for people to pray while continuing to tweet, seems like a drama kind of guy, honestly.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I hope it is not lupus. Sounds worrying.

15. Margrave

Margrave Member

What? Lupus? Have you heard something? Is that stomach related?

Why would you say Lupus, that stuff is really bad, without a cure.

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

kyle not playing today also?

17. Carl Herrera

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

No, out for season with lupus.

19. Gri

Gri Member

It's never lupus.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Faking an injury is a sprained ankle, a flu, a balky back. It's not an inpatient hospital admission for a mystery fever ab abdominal pain. Although I cannot think of a single acute illness in there that would mandate an MRI.