1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets being slept on?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Oct 7, 2012.

1. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Rather than compare our current team with last year's team, compare the current team with every other team in the league.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm a Morey supporter and I think our team will be absolutely terrible. And I'm glad we'll be terrible. I'm greatly looking forward to draft day in 2013.

It's really amazing to me that we can lose 7 out of our top 10 players from last year and then replace them by signing Lin, Asik and Delfino and bringing in a bunch of rookies and people think we'll be as good or better than last year. That's some serious homerism.

#42 Williamson, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I'm not a Morey supporter, but I think our Rockets will be fun to watch this year and surprise a lot of people.

4. tofu--

tofu-- Member

The biggest problem is that our bench is a lot crappier and we lost a lot of veterans.

5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

We'll have a better idea of what we can expect once they've played a few pre-season games, but you're probably right. The rooks could surprise though. They have skills, athleticism and good bball IQs (for rookies).

6. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

First game is October 10th...what yall wanna see from our players?

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lin: low turnovers, no recklessness on defense
    Lamb: good effort on defense, not too passive on offense not settling for jumpers, run the floor
    Martin: don't sulk go back to 2010-2011 form
    Patpat: Don't rush in the low post, hit his mid range jumpers
    Asik: Rebound, hustle, Good D
    Parsons: play like he did last year with better FT shooting and jumpers, do the passes he did in practice

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I dont know that I would call myself a "Morey Supporter" but I believe he has made more positive personel decisions than he has negative ones .... even if he has struck out on landing that big fish.

I think they will be fun to watch .... but they will lose a whole lotta games.

9. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

great post. when comparing individually, this starting lineup is slightly better. talent wise, the rookies are better than last year's bench. even though they are inexperience, they should be able to make up for it with defensive intensity if they carry out what Mchale has been preaching all along.

the main thing that most people are missing is this squad as a WHOLE is a major improvement over last year's squad. ppl can say Dragic and Lowry is better than Lin all they want but what makes Lin more valuable to this team is his ability to make everyone better. just being able to penetrate consistently drawing double/triple teams will be huge when looking for Asik down low or open shooters in the perimeters.

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

With the exception of Dragic and Lee, the bench wasn't that good. I think our bench will eventually be a lot better with Douglas, Delfino, Lamb, TJ and DMo.

11. thisiscaketown

We're bad until proven otherwise.

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Howard - coming off of back surgery
    Nash- has a history of back problems & have problems playing 82 games
    Kobe- getting old and already having foot problems
    Gasol - is soft & will have problems with younger, stronger, athletic PFs
    Artest - is a head-case

With all that being said, they will still make the finals, lol.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

At least one of the Rockets is being slept on for sure:

[​IMG]

14. luden

luden Member

Carl, you're effing hilarious, your posts are epic. Thanks for keeping it light around here.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think someone should tell Chandler that the "I'm gonna get you girl " look is not for every occasion.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. mirus

mirus Member

LOL your quote reminds me of this image (courtesy from Carl:grin:)

[​IMG]

18. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Agree.

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Let's play some pre season games... and some regular season games first. And then we'll see/talk about all this. I don't want to jinx anything, you guys! All I'm hoping for is that we can be better than last year, hustle, and make the playoffs..... and hopefully we can be the biggest underdog and do some major damage in the playoffs!

20. butterball

butterball Member

This team is going to surprise. I think K-Mart is going to shock some people and make himself indispensible. On some nights he will put the team on his back when it comes to scoring. I see playoffs for this team.