1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Red Hot Chili Peppers one of the greatest bands of all time?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 25, 2009.

?

RHCP- All time greats?

1. Yes

96 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

152 vote(s)
    60.3%
  3. Jesus ****ing Christ. Are you serious? Is this **** serious? God, no. No. No, and kill yourself.

4 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I was listening to them all day today, and man, not only have they stood up to the test of time, they are just phenomenal to listen to and have gotten better and better with each album. I never really considered them one of the greats, up there with Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Metallica, etc, but after some thought, I'd say they can stand there with the best.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

IN BEFORE all the music snobs will come in and say how RHCP used to be good until Hillel Slovak died and then all they could manage to do was hook up a big **** machine that constantly churned out **** out of a big **** valve and nothing but **** came out and then they ate that **** and ****ted out that **** and then forcefed that **** to the masses who then **** out the **** that was made of their **** until everyone had to **** out the **** and **** got really ****ty.

2 people like this.
  3. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

youre weird homie

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

RHCP used to be good until Hillel Slovak died and then all they could manage to do was hook up a big **** machine that constantly churned out **** out of a big **** valve and nothing but **** came out and then they ate that **** and ****ted out that **** and then forcefed that **** to the masses who then **** out the **** that was made of their **** until everyone had to **** out the **** and **** got really ****ty

And that's REAL.

5. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Not of all time. Very good band though, Flea and Frusciante are true talents.

6. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

They were great when they were opening up for the Butthole Surfers back in the mid 80s. I'll even give them Mother's Milk. Anything after that is just a waste...
    The stuff I've heard over the last 5-10 years is absolutely horrible music. It would be bad on its own, but coming from a band that made albums like Freaky Styley? Unacceptable...

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Fatty FatBastard

I learned about this band in high school with Uplift mofo and freaky styley.

I recall listening to mother's milk on my way to prom.

And they're still here.

Beatles they are not, but they've made some damn original music over the last 20 years.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMUjTB83OEs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMUjTB83OEs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm not really a fan, but I can respect the fact that they've been able to stick around this long.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Foo Fighters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...>>>>>> Peppers

1 person likes this.
  10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I hate all the snobs that say they were never good after Slovak died. I however thought they were crap before then. There stuff was to weird and absolutely unlistenable. I love all of their stuff from the early 90s until "Stadium Arcadium". My favorite albumn might be "By the Way" which is horribly underrated.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You can ask fans of a band what CD they like and usually you get 1 or 2 primary answers. RHCP are one of those rare bands where you will get 5 different responses.

12. Fatty FatBastard

I defy you to say this isn't a good song. I DEFY YOU!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hU9vToZ8ti4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hU9vToZ8ti4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. Fatty FatBastard

Idiot.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xlFi9tLETiM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xlFi9tLETiM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. Fatty FatBastard

This one has a Batman Jones vibe...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MbeLA-kMfL4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MbeLA-kMfL4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Good band with the potential to have been a great one. Unfortunately they've been churning out pop crap for at least 10 years now. Personally, I lost interest somewhere in the early-to-mid '90's.

And no, they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Led Zeppelin. But there are only a handful of bands who do, so that doesn't really matter.

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I've always found them boring.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Flea is not boring.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm not surprised by the poll results so far. RHCP have always been wacky and funky, maybe taking away from their 'serious music' cred. But anyone who voted no should give a hard listen to Stadium Arcadium.

No. But I will grant you:

Foo Fighters > Nirvana.

But that's another poll.

19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

we fight about a lot fatty, but on this we can agree.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Not among the best of all time IMO, but innovators and broke ground for other bands for melding so many styles of music.

But Foo Fighters over Nirvana? Can't agree.

EDIT: Meant to say "Not among the best"

#20 v3.0, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009