1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the players trying to get Van Grumpy fired??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jediknight94595, Nov 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

pathetic is the word of the season. how about mo tonight with 0 rebounds? 0! :eek:

2. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I am suprised that JVG hasn't quit or killed himself. The guy likes to torture himself no matter what.

3. Charvo

Charvo Member

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a split lockerroom with one camp having the guys who may be JVG guys: Padgett, JJ, and Sura

Then you got the folks who are set financially and do not have to worry about the next contract as much: Juwan and Mo.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

And we will all be waiting.

5. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hee Hee... Jeffrey says he's going to put out "a team that wants to play" (for him). Hee hee - good luck with that group, Jeffrey.

Deke
    Padgett
    Bowen
    Sura?
    Ward

I kind of get the feeling Deke, Ward and Sura will quit on him, too.
    So maybe you can plug in Barrett and Spoon.

Wins this season : 6 .

Good job, you negative jackass. Way to rally the troops.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let me translate that from Gundese to English:

"Hey, it's not me. I've done nothing wrong. No part of this is MY fault. You can't lay this one at my feet. My coaching philosophy is sounds and doesn't every need to be questioned or, heaven forbid, modified to fit the players on my team. We're losing because all of these guys are lazy and don't believe 100% in my system."

7. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I was at a friend's house last night watching the game and while I don't think that the players are trying to get Van Gundy fired, I think that they are not responding to him at all. Body language is saying the players are NOT really feeling Gundy-ball.

Les really cares about what people think of the team. To a fault I think. But seeing ESPN and other media outlets trash JVG has to be getting to Les. Has to be getting to the players as well. If things do not turn around, I would think JVG will be gone way before the All-Star break in one way or another.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This thread is about to take off.

Here is hopping that Jeff Van Gumby is gone by X-Mas or it could be the Grump that stole Christmas. :p

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Doc Rocket Posts = FIVE STAR thread!

Thanks for the post Doc! Nice to see you are still around. We appreciate the 411! :)

10. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

For how much Van Gundy is getting paid. I dont think he will be fired, atleast not until the end of the season. But what most likely is going to happen is that Les is going to bring in an assistant coach(offensive minded) of his choice and fire ewing. This might or might not work depending on how well this guy fits with JVG and his system.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is getting interesting...

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Amen. And this season could USE a little excitement!

13. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Thanks 4 the UpDate Doc! I ALLWAYS appreciate your posts!

14. Charvo

Charvo Member

Adidas and Reebok are the shoe companies for Tmac and Yao respectively. I would think they would pay Les some money to fire JVG. Then there is the Foxsports Network which just gave a big contract to the Rockets. Considering they didn't realize Van Gundy was going to try to turn basketball into a slothfest, they might adjust the contract if Les cans JVG. Adidas is especially pissed off seeing one of their 3 superstar basketball players look ordinary.

15. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Its interesting but i wonder if stuff like that actually plays a role in all of this. Anyone that knows?

16. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Just a little something that was told directly to a friend was 'this $hit's getting old quick' and another was told by one player to another contained these words about VanGundy 'beaten down...mentally...over and over and over...$hit together'

I know that sucks as far as info goes but that was all he could hear. The guy who heard the broken convo was NOT the same guy who was told to his face 'this $hit's getting old quick' I can't remember which player it was because we were just talking in casual convo and he said 'so and so said this $hit's getting old quick'

I didn't really pay attention to it because it was after like 3 games or something. But now, I can see what he meant. I didn't even think there were any pieces to put together. I just thought someone was b****ing about something.

Anyway, I know it's nothing but I'll have more soon...hopefully, this weekend.

17. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Hey, when the Doc talks, any info is good info in my book.

18. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Awsome, thanks again Doc

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

'this $hit's getting old quick' = Yao Ming

20. Charvo

Charvo Member

It's either Yao or Mo. Can you imagine Yao saying that? That's just funny.