1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Are the Phoenix Suns falling apart?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nolocke, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Championships are not won in the regular season. Cliche' I know but it's the truth. Did you really believe the Suns were a contender last season even before the trade?

They couldn't get it done when they were hitting on all cylinders and when the West was a bit weaker 3-4 years ago. No way they were going to get out of the West last season.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Something is wrong, but I think the Suns have to give Porter at least one season before letting him go.

3. vmac

vmac Member

I don't think he's underrated. I mean look at him without Steve Nash & the D' Antoni offense. He looks lost. He can't create shots for himself & his teammates. Plus his jumpshot is ridiculously ugly. :D

4. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

What I feel that Barbosa should get more minutes.. I always think that he is a very good player

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Shawn Marion is the most talked about so-called "underrated" player there ever was. They guy is way overpaid at $18 million. I don't see it at all. He needs to be slapped every time he chucks up a 3-point shot.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

To be honest....the door slammed on them after they lost to the Spurs in 05. They lost q-rich and joe johnson. That year was there chance.

By the way what happen to all of steve nash's offensive prowess, you mean to tell me he is just a product of D'Antoni's system? hmmmmm

7. yupitsjojo

yupitsjojo Member

it was pretty obvious after the shaq trade that they were done....whoever made that call for the trade needs to be fired.

they lost a couple things in that trade

1. being a real competitor
    2. being the run and gun team thats fun for their fans to watch

8. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

WHAT?!

No wonder the trade didn't work out for them!!!!

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Most of us can agree the Shaq trade hurt the Suns, including the salary situation. Marion expires this year while they owe Shaq another $20 million next season. But Marion was the biggest lockerroom problem on the team, even more than Amare. THAT is why this trade happened. They were sick and tired of his whining about lack of respect and the fact they wouldn't re-sign him beyond his already bloated contract. Marion and Amare didn't like each other and I read somewhere Nash was also tired of his act.

10. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLoco Member

Steve Kerr wanted to make a mark on the team. He got his wish.

The Suns run and gun offense began to end when Colangelo went to Toronto and Kerr was hired as the new GM.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Great win against Utah for the Suns. Amare was a beast. He's got to bring that type of effort every game for them to be good. It's amazing that Shaq was glued to the bench in crunch time because he's a part-time $20 million player.

I figured the Jazz would pull it out but not this time. Millsap brought it again tonight and I wonder if his stellar play will cause the Jazz to let Boozer walk this summer.

12. tomogi

tomogi Member

If Nash still in here,the coach remaind use Nash as well as Anthony.Nash is to be born for running attack.