1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Pacers overrated?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Mar 5, 2014.

?

Are the Pacers overrated?

1. Yeah, they're good, but not a lock for going to the Finals

159 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. No, they're just in a slump right now. Still the best team in the East

82 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Looks like many of us crowned them as champs way too early. They've been pretty mediocre for the past few months. PG has also slowed down defensively. I don't see this team beating the Heat, unfortunately.

Also just lost to the Bobcats at home.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

no chance in hell they get past Miami.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Turner still needs a few games or so to truly fit in. I think Indy will hit their stride, come playoff time.

But with that said, they should try to hit their stride sooner than later - the Heat, even though they lost to us, are making their own run too.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Something has gone wrong the last 2-3 weeks and you can't blame it all on Paul George.

But looking at tonight's box score, maybe you can blame this one all on PG.

5. Swishh

Swishh Member

sorry, just noticed my typo in the OP. I meant to say PG has slowed down recently offensively.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I think what sums up their whole state of affairs is that team had endless debates over whether they should be called the Indiana Pacers or the Indianapolis Pacers, completely ignoring "Pacers" as a point of debate, lol.

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I didn't know anyone considered them a lock for the Finals. If that's the case, then sure, that's overrating them.

Even with a bit of a swoon recently, they're still one of the top four teams in the league. But they have their warts. Hibbert in particular is in one of his funks.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

:grin:The Leastern Conference is over rated. Even the Bucks are over rated.

9. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

They lost to the Cats in Charlotte.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Roy Hibbert has been a big problem, especially offensively.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I never thought Pacers were gonna get past Mia in the first place, it's just some posters here are so eager to get off the LBJ bandwagon they are jumped all over PG and the Pacers.

IMHO Bird or whoever the GM was in too much of a hurry to build a contender, it's too soon to try to unseat Miami right now. Hibbert and PG are good cornerstones for a franchise, they shoud've been realistic and either positioned for the FA bonanza in 2015 or surrounded them with young players (or in DM's case did both). Instead, they blew all their load and surrounded them with either old dudes like Scola/West or players who are all hype no game like Turner. They're still the top 2 team in the East however the contenders are definitely Miami and Western teams for this season.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

How do the defensive minded Pacers let Al Jefferson drop 34pts on 16-25 shooting?

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think their team is overrated as a whole, but Paul George and Roy Hibbert sure as hell are...

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

cause Roy Hibbert has been ass on both sides of the ball for weeks. (watch him break out out of it by dominating Dwight)

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks for the jinx. Now we lose to them.

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Can they beat the Heat? I believe so. I just don't think they use Scola enough. There is nobody on that team that can handle Scola in the post. But they'd rather jack 3pters up and turn the ball over. Smh

17. platypus

platypus Member

So people still think Hibbert is a better center than D12? I'd like to laugh in the face of those fools who were claiming that earlier this year.

As of now best centers:

Howard>>>Noah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't think many crowned them as champs. I think most people think they are one of the two best teams in the Eastern Conference.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hibbert needs to bring it strong on both ends, every night...This guy needs to play up to his potential on a consistent basis. He is the key to the Pacers being competitive/ beating Miami, as they must exploit Miami's Achilles Heel.