1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Jaguars Really This Dumb???

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Sen89, Apr 27, 2013.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Their GM has already said that Tebow is not in the plans. Highly doubt that happens.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Uh huh, I heard that too. We'll see...

3. AFS

AFS Member

Might as well do it to keep fans in the stadium during the rebuild.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if your plan is to tank for the purpose of getting a highly touted QB draftee next season, then signing Tebow to be your starting QB is a great step in that direction.

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Given the upcoming QB class, the Jaguars will not need to tank to get a decent shot at good potential QB. Tampa Bay was almost a .500 team at 7-9 and got the #11 overall pick.

I guarantee you that no matter who the Jags have at QB this year, they will NOT be 7-9.

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Jaguars drafted the best player in the draft(Luke Joeckel) and the best playmaker in the draft (Denard Robinson)

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jags had a fantastic draft, but I would not say Robinson is the best playmaker in the draft.

Give me Tavon Austin every day over Robinson for playmaking.

8. Angle02

Angle02 Member

I'll second this. I believe Austin would have something to say about his comment.

The Jags wont have to sign Tebow for an early pick next year. They already got that sealed up with Gabbert.

9. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Pretty sure the best playmaker will end up being DeAndre Hopkins

...or maybe it's just wishful thinking :grin:

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jaguars former first-round pick WR Justin Blackmon is being suspended four games by the NFL, per league sources. More on NFL Live now.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/329324223837376512" data-datetime="2013-04-30T19:59:48+00:00">April 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sadly we don't play them till later

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Blackmon is doing his part in the tanking early.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The QBs in this draft suck. Maybe they should have taken a chance in the 3rd round or later, but I'm not blaming them for passing on Smith and Barkley. Only stupid team was Buffalo taking Manuel in the 1st round, when there wasn't a 1st round QB in this draft.

I would sign Tebow if I was them. Passing will suck either way.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They were smart to not go quarterback in this draft. You already have 2 below average QB's in Gabbert and Henne, no sense going for some QB who is most likely going to be average at best.

Surely they have their eyes on Teddy Bridgewater next year, because it's safe to say they're going to suck again this year. But if they could snag him, Jags could be pretty solid. They have some good playmakers in place.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yeah I see Jags wanted to build around the team, and next year, they can get a QB. This is the last year of Gabbert, at least as the starting QB.