1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are The Dallas Mavericks Babying Chandler Parsons?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crash5179, Nov 8, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This quote from Rick was in response to an opening question about Parsons. <a href="http://t.co/gv7521v6Bu">pic.twitter.com/gv7521v6Bu</a></p>&mdash; Tim Cato (@tim_cato) <a href="https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/531659971499270146">November 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem that the Mavs have is a great one. They don't know when it is time to rebuild. They are not a well functioning Spurs that they can probably win one championship in 3-4 years.

Instead they are going the Old Leslie Alexander path. Being a playoff team several years down the road with a good coach. Being old.

Not being able to win a ring but too darn stubborn to admit it and build from scratch.

3. heypartner

heypartner Member

what does this quote mean? Are you saying the post-Duncan Spurs will remain a contender?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They have the best system, the best coach, but aging stars plus good role players.
    Borderline allstars like Kawhi.....

They will always compete in the WC finals because of experience, chemistry bla bla until there is no Duncan and Parker. Ginobili is just the third wheel.

Post Duncan, sure with Pops still on board, 2nd or 3rd round material.
    That is as good as it can get without going to the very end of lottery.
    My 2 cents

5. baubo

baubo Member

Isn’t it fair to ask how a player can be more successful under an universally-considered bad coach, and then have trouble fitting in and play well under a much more decorated coach. McHale was with Parsons his entire career, including starting him as a rookie where Parsons shined. So this isn’t some case of adjustment issue. Parsons has simply played badly.

6. heypartner

heypartner Member

This thread isn't about Parsons playing badly; the thread is about the Mavs "babying" Parsons. I do not think Carlisle is babying Parsons. Anyone who says he is is taking a jab at Carlisle, not Parsons.

just saying. I don't think my point is arguable.

7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Member

Parsons is exactly like an ex-girlfriend that we "hate", yet continue to Facebook stalk. It's pathetic.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Member

Just trying to have some fun. My intent is to take jabs at Parsons sons not Carlisle. Carlisle is an outstanding coach.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You ain't seen pathetic until you check out the Lin thread and read how the Rockets fans in there are acting.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I still like Parsons. And, I don't hate the Mavs either. But, I think OP is right that Carlisle is walking on eggshells right now when it comes to Parsons.

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Still the best team in Texas?

13. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

Chandler Parsons prefers Huggies without leakguard.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

He knows which players have to be babied. Why treat a baby with a fragile ego and superstar aspirations poorly? He will obviously wilt.

15. Ranny

Ranny Member

I am all for trolling Parsons for being the disrespectful, ungrateful and arrogant ahole that he has proven to be, but what Carlisle is doing is pretty obvious and logical IMO.

Its a new player who is adjusting to a new system and city, he is also a young player in which the team has invested a lot of money and faith in his basketball potential. It makes no sense for him to put Parsons down yet, or any new player for that matter, when he has not played even ten games there. On the contrary right now their goal has to be to encourage and motivate him to find his game in the most positive of ways, but most of all with patience. Of course if that doesn't work and he keeps playing this bad then Carlisle will have to go a different path with him.

16. conquistador#11

you know what pisses me off, cuban gets angry at morely when he makes a comment about the mavs. but what do we hear today? cuban volunteers advice on what the Thunder should do, "tank". mind your business man, this is how wars start.

so as long as cuban is around, there will always be babying from that organization. Still glad they beat the Heat though.

17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I hope the Mavs fire carlise after he finally cant stand cp anymore and the the rockets pick him up

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Cuban's probably getting ready to throw 45 mil at McHale.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

This is a microcosm of why Houstonians can't stand Dallasholes. In Houston we suck it up and overcome our shortcomings. In Dallas, they pander to the entitled.

20. Ranny

Ranny Member

They are signing the contract at a bakery

1 person likes this.