1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Cavs making the Finals?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by samtaylor, Mar 31, 2017.

?

Who wins the East?

1. Cavs

27 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. The Field

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

The Cavs are 7-11 in their last 18 games, have fallen to 2nd in the East, and they have a -2.8 point differential per 100 possessions since the All-Star Break.

I know LeBron is the best player and has been to 6 straight Finals blah blah blah, BUT this season the Celtics, Wizards, and Raptors could give them trouble, and the Cavs will have to beat 2 of those 3 teams in 7 game series to get back to the Finals. I think I'm taking the field.

Discuss

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not with the way they're playing. People need to stop just assuming the Cavs will turn it on in a couple weeks and that the East is the joke of a conference it once was. The Cavs are banged up, older, less hungry, and fatigued. And the Celtics, Wizards, and Raptors(once Lowry returns) are really good. I could easily see Cleveland losing before the Finals, even in the 2nd round.

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yes

DudeWah likes this.
  4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

No one seems to bring this up. I agree, LeBron has given Cleveland its championship. He has done what he came to do. Everyone in the East is way more hungry for a championship. Even if the Cavs make it, the Warriors with KD will be looking for revenge and probably sweep the Cavs

5. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Not enough ****ing playmakers

Jontro, CantBeRight, DudeWah and 2 others like this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cleveland is 7-2 against TOR, WAS and BOS

Due to their deep run last year, and Lowry finally shedding his playoff choker skin, returning to have a monster year shooting, on top of adding Ibaka, I give TOR best chance, but they are 0-3 against CLE this year.

CLE is designed to beat guard-dominant teams and to match anyone from 3...those teams play right into their strengths

When is Lowry getting back.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

remember when we used to see playoff dwight? playoff lebron is a real thing too

8. hakeemthagreat

It's funny. Because if they win, it's Lebron greatness that got them there. If they lose, it's "why doesn't Lebron have enough help?". The Cavs have one of the top 2 rosters in the NBA. The media shouldn't ever question the talent Lebron has around him anymore. Kyrie Irving alone is a elite superstar and closer on that team

9. malakas

malakas Member

I can see maybe the Wizards if Beal and Wall get hot eliminating them. The rest? No.
    Derozan has shown how awful he is in the postseason. The Celtics don't have enough rebounding and rim protection and are too reliant on IT to score.

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Pshhh, No one can beat the Cavs. They're in cruise control if I've ever seen a team play.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

They 0-6 when Lebum doesn't play. Spurs 6-1 when Kaawow doesn't play. What's your point?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

They look terrible but in the end still will make the finals to me but it won't be as easy as they're used too Boston, Toronto full healthy, and wash are all teams that can test them all 7 games in a series

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Theyll be in the finals, for sure. Most of their series will be seven games, and theyll win most of their close games by questionable calls. What the NBA wants, the NBA gets.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Until proven otherwise, my vote would still go to the Cavs in a 7 game series against anybody in the East. Teams like the Celtics, Raptors, and Wizards are good regular season teams, but LeBron and Kyrie have a gear that they preserve only for the playoffs. I have a feeling they will kick it up a notch once post-season starts, and we'll see the Cavs get back on track. Now, conversely, I do think they'll get tested, and may even fall behind in multiple series on their way to the Finals.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I certainly think they're still the favorite in the East. But not a lock anymore.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Going with the field -- something has changed this year in Cleveland -- it's like the whole team collectively lost a step.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Nice be nice to coast, knowing you have little competition on your way to the final.

20. Jugdish

Jugdish Member