1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Astros going to make a trade ?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rox Addict, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are the Astros going to make any more trades?

Its not looking good for the Astros as they are falling further behind St. Louis and Cinci..The Wild card is within reach but not if we keep up the win one lose one .500 baseball approach. We have to go for it now or just tank the season. Didn't the Astros bring back Clemens to get back to the Playoffs ? What is Timmy P waiting for ? You look at the players you need and like and make a deal. The longer we wait the further back we will be. So does anyone think we will make a deal before the 31st deadline and will it be a MAJOR deal or just some small deal to tink with the lineup ?

#1 Rox Addict, Jul 16, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  2. msn

msn Member

You're about four days late. Not only have they, but Purpura explicitly stated that more moves were forthcoming, and I do not believe was talking about Gaetti.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

LOL. In the last 4 days, did you happen to notice that some dude named "A. Huff" was playing for the Astros? (Pssst. He wasn't on our roster at the beginning of the year.)

Still, I do hope we can go out and get some pitching. Our bullpen flat-out sucks. But, like others have posted in the past few days, the market price for good relievers is ridiculously high, so I don't know if it's possible. There are a slew of teams in the NL that still think they have a shot at the playoffs, so it's a seller's market, unfortunately. I expect more deals to happen on or around the trading deadline when the pretenders are hopefully a little more separated from the contenders (and here's hoping the Stros fall into the latter category).

4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D lol... I mean NOW !! I know we have Huff and that Timmy P said we were going to POSSIBLY make some more moves. My question was do you guys think we are going to make some more moves ....

5. msn

msn Member

:D Thanks for being good sport.

I don't want to hazard a guess, especially as to how good it will be. I'm pretty confident Purpura is aggressively trying, as he said he would.

6. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

IMO, Pupura is going to do his best to make some moves before the deadline. We all know that Drayton is willing to break open the pocketbook for a late-season surge. However, the market for pitching is going to be fairly slim. Most of the teams in the leauge are in acqusition mode at this point, because many teams still see hope for this year or next.

That being said, I'm looking forward to any possible deals Timmy P can make before the deadline.