1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Harden's off court activities hurting his play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CometsWin, Dec 4, 2013.

1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Remember the ol last year OJ Mayo is the better than Harden ....ya that's what this thread seems to me, nothing to see, fluke...gosh the effiency of such a human being MUST BE 82 games...FOR YOU!

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Remember the ol last year OJ Mayo is the better than Harden thread ....ya that's what this thread seems to me, nothing to see, fluke...gosh the effiency of such a human being MUST BE 82 games...FOR YOU!

Fixed

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was saying all this last year, and nooooooooooo one paid attention.

"Too many hookers, too much Hennessy."

You look at him out there and you have to wonder. Most of the time he'd start off real slow in the first half and finally shake off the drunk bubbles by the second half.

I know it won't happen, I know it's knee jerk, but I wouldn't cry if Harden were sent elsewhere for a player that meshed better with Dwight.

I knew, knew, we'd fall back into these old patterns when Harden came back from injury.

Hell, P.J. Tucker?!?!? For God's sake.

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

He actually hurt his foot on a slippery staircase at Chandler Parsons bday bash. He's missed a few BC of it.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

a friend of my cousins saw him at a strip club last time getting hammered

apparently he was hopping up and down on one leg, and then he slipped and seemed to hurt his knee a bit.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IDK what does he do off court?

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

My buddy saw him at a strip joint at 5pm before a 8pm game, doing shots with strippers and shooting nickel rolls into well, yeah....

At least he was getting some version of the pre-game shootaround

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Getting shut down by PJ Tucker and lit up by PJ Tucker doesn't happen to star players unless they're drunk or something.

9. wise_man

wise_man Member

Texans from superball contenders to first round draft pick, I hope its not the same case with da rockets tho....

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So we have the next Vin Baker...great.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

:grin::grin::grin:

He must be drunk a lot lately, like every game night.

12. Raven

Raven Member

There's a problem, and it needs to be addressed before it gets worse.

13. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Dude's playing like he's stoned, not drunk.

14. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

The answer to the OP is YES! I always see him out along with Tjones, beverly and greg smith the only difference is he PARTIES while the others just seem to chill. 5th amendment, VLive and Drake are the usual spots. He is a grown man and has the right to do whatever he wants, but I do see it as irresponsible to his teammates. Harden isn't the type of guy who will settle down anytime soon he loves the party life.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he's on painkillers you know...

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Sat In the club section tonight row 9 by the tunnel, when game was over he was the 1st player, coach, trainer anything to go in the tunnel, I like harden and appreciate all the good games he has played here, but my concern is when he plays bad he doesn't like to talk to media and if he does it's always "WE" need to do this or that, he can never just say "I" as the teams SUPERSTAR need to do better play better D give more effort. I don't expect him to be perfect but if your going to be the teams STAR just admit YOU had a off night & move on. People pay money to see these games he cost is some of these nights & he acts like he doesn't care

17. cloud9

cloud9 Member

Probably a mix of:

- Getting paid
    - Probably didn't work as hard on conditioning over the summer
    - Sustaining injuries
    - High on last year's stats so has to prove himself again this year

Also... might have something to do with the slowed tempo of the game due to the acquisition of Dwight Howard. It appears many of our players have been unable to adjust from high-octane offence to Dwight's slower tempo (see: increased turnovers, lower shooting percentages). I mean... Dwight isn't a fresh rookie anymore, he can only run so fast. So that needs to be taken into account for. :p Also, in regards to poorer shooting percentages, last year the Rockets played run-and-gun every game, which allows for players to develop a 'rhythm'. This year they haven't been able to do that.

Anyway, just some thoughts. :)

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Why wasn't Harden in the locker room?...:mad:

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

My buddy's gf saw harden in Vegas last night, partied all night and got on a plane this morning. no wonder

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

Why didn't the stats/logistics clue us in to any of this.... It's almost like... there are intangible areas to human activities that numbers can't account for...

Baffling.......