1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are changes even necessary?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spysta, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Houston and Toronto are in the same position. Houston gets nothing if they don't offer Toronto enough. Toronto gets nothing if Bosh signs with NY. I don't think Toronto will want Brooks, but I doubt Brooks would be a deal breaker. Toronto will most likely want picks.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

You are glad I don't make the decisions because I would not include Hill in a Bosh deal? I have made some bad trade proposals in the past, but this is not one of them.

3. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

yes it is LOL

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He was absolutely right. Camby?? Jermaine Oneal?? You guys are kidding right? The way to address our backup center needs is the draft. Preferably a 7 footer like Motiejunas or Solomon Alabi. We would still have the talent and picks to do a sign and trade for Bosh. Also, maybe they should try to go after Rudy Gay.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You are wrong because the only thing that Brooks can do more than Lowry is score. Lowry has shown many times that he would be capable of leading this team. A point does not have to score all the time to be effective. In my opinion, Brooks has still not shown me that he can be an effective leader. He can be an effective scorer, but that is not how you lead a team. Lowry is a more effective leader. Case in point, in many of the recent games, the bench has had to come in and save the starters and Lowry led them well. You don't have to play organized sports to see that Brooks is a shoot 1st pass later point guard. I am not saying this to bash my man Aaron, i'm just saying putting him in a package for Bosh would not hurt the team because we have a point who can step in and lead.

1 person likes this.
  6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the rockets needs to get a backup center.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, go watch Rafer and get back to me.

A point doesn't have to score....ROFLMAO !!

DD

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

We have been asking for a young backup Center for a long time now.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

He said a point guard does not have to score all the time to be "effective".

Case in point Rajon Rondo and Jason Kidd

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Er... Jason Kidd, 13 years and only once averaged over 17 ppg. And never once cracked .400 from 3PT range until he got to Dallas.

If a PG is good enough, he doesn't have to score MUCH. Especially from 3PT range. I would argue that Lowry as a full-time PG would score quite a bit considering how great he is at drawing fouls.

Having said that, I still can't see Lowry ever bumping AB as the starter.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

John Stockton: 13.1 ppg career avg

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

Let's look at the age and NBA experience of the team THIS YEAR:

P.G. - Aaron Brooks ------ 3rd Year ---- 25
    P.G. - Kyle Lowry -------- 4th Year ---- 24

S.G. - Kevin Martin ------ 6th Year ---- 27
    S.G. - Jermaine Taylor----- Rookie ----- 23

S.F. - Shane Battier ----- 9th Year ---- 32
    S.F. - Trevor Ariza------- 6th Year ---- 25
    S.F. - Chase Budinger----- Rookie ----- 21
    S.F. - Jared Jefferies ---- 8th Year ---- 28

P.F. - Luis Scola--------- 3rd Year ----- 30
    P.F. - Jordan Hill---------- Rookie ------ 22
    P.F. - Chuck Hayes-------5th Year ----- 26

..C. - Yao Ming---------- 8th Year**--- 29
    ..C. - David Andersen------ Rookie------ 29

The team's average tenure in the league is 4.3 years with an average age of 26 years old.

The future is very bright for Brooks, Budinger and Hill as they have the biggest growth potential.

Lowry, Ariza and Hayes have probably reached their potential as high energy defensive role players who pose major problems for the opposing teams big guns at their respective positions.

At their age we know that Scola, Yao and Martin are Legit stars in this league.

The question marks still linger around Andersen and Taylor, though I think Taylor has a chance of getting noticed in a couple of years.

This team, comprised as it is, is very deep with plenty of balance for the present and future of the franchise. I can't wait to see how this years draft unfolds and what potential new star we will have added to our stable for next year.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

ZERO RINGS !

DD

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If Lowry was the full time PG teams would sag off him to double Yao, Yao needs a shooter playing the Point. I personally think the Lowry, Brooks combo is good enough unless a truly elite PG becomes available (Paul or Williams). Other players might represent upgrades, but not big ones. I'm not saying Brooks is untouchable, but only trade him if you have a plan to replace him.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

has never won a title...

and never won a title.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

There is more than one way to skin a cat.....if you have a Jason Kidd you surround him with finishers and let him do his thing.

If you have a Tony Parker, you get a 2nd creating player to play alongside of him.

We have a Tony Parker like player.....that is good enough, build your team around AB and Kmart, and Yao.

DD

17. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

of course...we need a dependabale back up C who can fill Yao's shoes in case he goes down again.

18. rocketvirginia

rocketvirginia New Member

i really like brooks, and the developing Hill, but to win now..i think

trade brooks and a lottery pick(or taylor, sergio) for Chris Paul ( NO need to start rebuilding around collison, and dont have anything except chris paul to get them started)

trade Hill, and a lottery pick for AMARE (BEAST athletic POWER player) which the RoCKETS DESPERATLY NEED...SERIOUSLY NEED ( check out how Amare is playing now.. we need somebody who can Dunk on people and power their way to the basket, who also hustles and can be efficient)

and we SHOULD WIN.

Chris Paul PG/ Lowry
    K Martin SF/buddinger
    Ariza/ BAttier
    AMARE PF/scola
    Yao Center/Chuck Wagon

are yall with me?

Yao is a Finesse player... we dont need another Finesse player...

Bosh is a beast.. but he is a Finesse player... they wont play together well.. shooters first... Jermaine Oneal a great player played wish Bosh and it didnt work out... Yao needs a POWER player to dominate the paint.. .this way Yao with his SICK court vision and passing skills can be free to move to the high pick and roll...

Hill is GREAT but will take years to develop to Amare.. Amare is what EXACTLY the Rockets need to fill the hole, grabbing rebounds, CONSTANT SCORER

Chris paul and AMARE are YAO are a combination of players that CAN ALWAYS FINISH! MOST of the time THEY DONT AHVE OFF NIGHTS.. They ALL have the KILLER INSTINCTS... besides Yao being a little soft.. which is ok

and any one of them can TAKE OVER games.. and we wont ever struggle w not being able to score for a whole quater, which kills me EVER AGAIN.

Do you guys feel me? Do i have a point?

----------------------------------------
    FAithful Rocket Follower for the past 7 years.

19. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

You aren't really wrong other then dreaming we could pull both Paul and either Amare or Bosh is pure unadulterated fan wank. We might be able to pull one of those moves but not both.

Personally, I see the only two positions we might be able to actually upgrade are PG and backup C.

Now while I like Brooks and Lowry, they both at times get abused by larger/longer PGs with similar speeds that they have. A Chris Paul would be an upgrade provided he can fit with Adelman's system and not get greedy. Although really, I still love what Brooks brings to the team and think he is a future all star.

At C, I am thinking a quality backup would be great to give Yao resting time, without over playing one of our PFs. I had hopes that Andersen would stretch the floor for us, but his disappearance from the team has me thinking that won't be the case in the future. Hill is no center either, so I'm thinking we pull a talented youngster in the draft to try to give us someone to eat Yao's minutes.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Since we don't know what Yao is going to give us, we can't stand pat. Remember, this is a team that most fans said would make the playoffs with the easier second half schedule and once we replaced T-Mac. If we have a chance to get Bosh, go for it.