1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are changes even necessary?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spysta, Apr 10, 2010.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Thats right we don't know. Thats the point.

Scola would likely be fine as long as he is still putting up signifigant minutes.

You think the Greek economy has nothing to do with the Greek league lol?

Thats not a fact, thats called an opinion.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the point is that this team is NOT a healthy Yao away from winning a championship.

Yao will be coming back slowly playing limited minutes. We can't realisticly expect him to contribute and be back to the the same Yao right away.

They need more unless you think that AB will become a superstar. If you think so you need to get your head checked.

3. HOUSTONROCKETS5

i know right!!

get it right "BleedRocketsRed"

Its :

Scola+ Brooks for Bosh + "Calderon" ... duh :grin:

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think Evan Turner would solve all of the Rockets problems. Let's hope the Rockets somehow get a top 3 pick in the draft.

Yao
    Scola
    Turner
    Martin
    Brooks

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep. And doing nothing IMO is foolishly and optimistically hoping Yao will just come back and dominate like he did before the injury.

We can't assume that, and I know Morey as smart as he is isn't also. He will make a big move, whether it is trying to move up in the draft to get a game changer that can help right away or if he's going to deal for a established star player. I just know he's going to do something there.

Doing nothing IMO will not help this team much, it may even make us worse. Everyone forgets that teams like Memphis might try to get better...than there is also NOH.

Don't count out teams like the Warriors, if they actually played organized basketball they could also leap ahead of us and then with a player like Cousins also!

You can't stand still in the west. Also Bosh would be good to have if Yao goes down yet again, then at least we have a player with Bosh and maybe some cap space to play with in 2011.

6. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

That's exactly the kind of move we should make... though, of course, we didn't get a ring out of that particular move, or even get to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Same with the trade that brought us Eddie Griffin.

For that matter, you could say that picking Ralph Sampson didn't work out, though it's not so hard to argue that it did.

Things don't work out some times, but you still have to make those kinds of deals. Being pretty damn good isn't good enough.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I didn't know Olympiacos players got paid by the Greek Government

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panagiotis_Angelopoulos

I'm sure that $10 million won't be a problem to a couple of Billionaires. ;)

let me put it too you this way.

Would Morey pay a Backup PF $8-10 million dollars?

He wouldn't pay more than the MLE for Gortat. Scola is to get more than the MLE.

Use common sense brother.

8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Oh, yeah, we didn't get a ring for the Barkley trade. Or the Pippen trade. Doesn't mean they weren't good ideas at the time. You never know what kind of things can happen.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Touche, but that was a once in a generation type of trade (thanks Jerry West, signed Jerry Buss).

If a team wants Bosh, it will have to give up its best player (in addition to others). Rockets best player is Brooks.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not true....Bosh holds the cards, he is an UNRESTRICTED free agent, he can go without trading anything.

If he says..."I want to go to Houston"....Toronto will be forced to take the best deal it can get.

DD

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

That was my initial thought then I realized that Calderon is very expensive and there was no way it would work under the CBA.

12. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Says who??? Toronto has NO leverage and no GM is going to give them their best player.... Look at what Rashard Lewis got the sonics in a sign and trade... Toronto will take what they can get, not what they demand... If Morey convinces Bosh to initiate the trade to Houston and Houston offered Jefferies, Battier, Hill and NY's draft picks.... do you think Toronto would tell Bosh no??

Here are some things that I was thinking as to why Houston would be an ideal destination for Bosh and why Toronto would want Houston too....

A. Bosh may want to play for Houston with a cast of Yao, Brooks, Martin, Scola

B. Houston doesn't have cap space, meaning we have to send contracts back and Toronto will not be getting a TPE (which most teams dont even use). We would have to send them battier, Jefferies Hill and NY's draft picks.

C. Houston is not in the same conference as Toronto (the Knicks are in same division).

D. If Lebron doesn't sign with the Knicks (which I think is very possible) then the pick(s) we can give Toronto should be pretty darn good...

E. Bosh would get alot of endorsements from the chinese markets by playing in Houston.

So Toronto may end up in 4 situations this summer, and the following would be their outcome:

1. resign Bosh and he stays in Toronto (is there a chance? maybe)
    2. Toronto gets a larger TPE (what would they do with it? expirings at least give them players along with the cap relief)
    3. Nothing (If bosh signs elsewhere)
    4. decent players (Battier and Jefferies), a decent prospect (Jordan Hill) and future draft picks?

If you were Toronto which one do you think is the best (aside from Bosh staying)?

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

If I were Jordan Hill, I'd spend my first post-season morning tracking down Hakeem and begging him to spend some time in the gym with me once or twice this summer.

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

This offseason we are guaranteed to see the return of Yao, Rox sign someone with the MLE, LLE and a Lotto pick so that is a potential of 4 new players. Changes will happen whether we want it to happen or not but just from that I'd say we will be a DAM good team but if we know Morey he will try to make this team SPECIAL.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Do you have any idea how economies work? If you don't think a national financial crisis is going to effect revenues, then you are insane. Theres a trickle down effect friend. Workers are closing down schools, courts, airports, govt. offices etc. You really don't think someone working in this country is going to consider less money in a more stable country? Wake up.

Gortat is no where near the level of player that Scola is, theres no comparison there. And yes, I could see him spending that much money because a Scola/Yao/Bosh frontcourt is easily the best in the league. Not to mention Yao will likely be resigned for less once his contract expires.

16. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Smokescreen?...

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

We have more S+T assets than New York. That is a big plus.

If we can get Bosh for Jefferies+Hill+picks and match Scola/Lowry.

BAM.

18. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

we need a superstar PF and a good backup C.. Yao as only superstar wont cut it we'll be in trouble

theyve been playin great but theres a reason we're outa tha playoffs

all these knee jerk threads are ridiculous

19. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

no no no u dont trade Hill, what are u thinkin?

im glad u dont make the decisions

20. MandM's

MandM's Member

uhm.....yes.

Unless you want to lose next year like we did this year