1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are changes even necessary?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spysta, Apr 10, 2010.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I noticed a lot of people are willing to package Scola and Brooks for Bosh, but you never mentioned who would replace Brooks, Lowry is great at what he does, but he is not nearly a good enough shooter to play with Yao as the main guy. I'd be willing to consider the trade if Morey had a good second deal to replace Brooks. I think a package of Scola, Battier, Budinger and picks should get Bosh without throwing in AB.

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I would never trade Brooks AND Scola for Bosh. But one or the other would be far better than Fair.

You have to think about matchups. Cavs addressed their matchup problems with Orlando/Lakers with Shaq

We can address our matchup problems against The Lakers Front court with Bosh. Simple.

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

DD, would you be open for a package of Battier + Jeffries + Hill + Budinger + NY's 2012 draft pick for Bosh and then sign a guy like Mike Miller or JJ Redick for the MLE?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

NO !

You don't adjust for one team, you make your overall team better, and make your opponents adjust for you.

DD

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I would probably keep Budinger and trade Scola instead of Hill but yeah, I am not against getting him at all.

Just not giving up too much.

DD

6. REEKO_HTOWN

You should know better DD. A perimeter jump shooting team will never beat a Paint dominating team in a 7 game series.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Losing Brooks and Scola for Bosh is fair and hardly gutting the team. Having a core of Lowry, Martin, Ariza, Bosh, Yao, Hill and Buddinger ranks with any team in the league.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

YOU DO NOT TRADE AARON BROOKS FOR BOSH !!!!

That leaves you poor at the PG spot, trade a big and a young guy, and a pick....maybe even a veteran like Shane....

But don't rob Peter to pay Paul.

AB's production is HUGE....and unless Bosh is going to be bringing the ball up and initiating the offense late, you can't get rid of your ONLY penetrating player with a jump shot.

DD

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The thing about Bosh is that he has to pick Houston first. Scola would have to pick Toronto as well to include him in a deal. I can see Brooks being in a deal for Bosh, but it is a sign and trade so the Rockets basically have to beat an offer of nothing if Bosh picks Houston.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Bosh is better than Brooks. If the Rockets traded Brooks...they still can trade for another PG.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

I would rather trade Scola than Brooks because it would make zero sense to Trade your PG for another PF.

If we did trade AB I would expect to trade Scola for a very good-great PG.

AB and picks for Bosh.

Scola and picks for Rubio

Rubio
    Martin
    Ariza
    Bosh
    Yao

deadly.

12. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

And after this trade, who's going to play the point?

13. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Isn't it obvious?

Rafer Alston

14. anchel

anchel Member

In fact you could get Jack in the same trade and you would upgrade your defense. Just a possibility.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Okay. First of all we are responding to the guy that said he wouldn't trade Brooks or Scola STRAIGHT UP for Bosh.

Second, if you DO trade Brooks/Scola for Bosh. That is far from gutting the team. You get a starting PF back (a much better one.) and your only weak spot is now backup PG. Any ways if you get Bosh without trading Scola, then Hill is probably the guy gone.

Also I love these lame "What has he done!" arguments. Basketball is a team sport afterall. You are blaming a guy who is 24 years old that he hasn't done anything like Lebron or Jordan did! You look at his teams, it was amazing what he did at 22 years old...that is more than a stats warrior

16. worzel gummidge

There's also this guy named Kyle Lowry...

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

Plus Toronto has more than decent guards in Banks and Jack that could do well as a backup here on a championship contending team.

If Morey trades Brooks and only has Lowry as the PG you better believe he has another deal to bring in a solid backup.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Unless you are going 15-0 in the playoffs, changes are nesecary.

Jeffries + Battier + 3 draft picks for Bosh

Resign Scola + Lowry

Offer Childress the MLE

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Childress
    Ariza/Budinger
    Bosh/Scola
    Yao/Hill/Hayes

Thats a contending lineup.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Man, have any of you ever played competitive sports?

You have to grow together as a team, if you keep flipping pieces every year you end up never getting the brass ring.

You tweak, you add, but you do not overhaul.

It takes THREE years to learn Adelman's offense.......so, you want to start over?

I don't.

Keep Brooks.

He is not a guy who is Lebron, or Kobe, who is going to uplift the team, he is going to get his...and be an upgrade for Scola.

However, Scola is pretty danged good overall, since Landry left, he is a 20 and 10 guy.......getting the same minutes as Bosh.

So, you are getting, what? 5 points and 2 more rebounds a game?

It is NOT worth it.

Sure, if you can get him for Battier, Scola and a pick......that is keeping your core together and getting better.

But robbing one position to upgrade another is STUPID unless you are getting a Superstar...Bosh is not one.

DD

20. REEKO_HTOWN

Scola would not sign here if he's going to be coming off the bench.

If you're talking about Josh Childress, His contract ends in 2011. He can opt out but he's make $10 million NET next year. I don't see him giving up 5 million to play in the NBA.