1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Affliction or Xtreme Couture Shirts Only For Douchebags?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TMac#1, Jun 29, 2008.

1. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

I'd rather watch pigs vomit then to sit through that movie...

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

There you have it. Chicks dig the designs so go and wear them but don't tell women how much you paid for them. :p

3. ClutchCityReturns

I wouldn't know from experience, but I would think that the main reason for paying $80 for a shirt would be to tell a girl that you paid $80 it.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

pfft... $80 t-shirts are for the peasants. i leave the price tag on my $5500 brioni suits to let the ladies who's the boss.

5. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Member

OK sure - but I'm going to call you a douchebag. :D

6. ClutchCityReturns

Again, I wasn't speaking from experience. All but a few items in my closet are closer to $8 than $80, and they definitely aren't t-shirts.

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Member

I find that most women don't have a good grasp of doucheness. Have you guys noticed this?

8. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Member

Awww I wasn't speaking directly to you, but just to any man who does that - like, all the guys who answer option A on the poll in the other thread. :D

9. pmac

pmac Member

Like most style, i don't mind them other than the fact that douche bags wear the f*** out of them until i can't wear them for fear of being considered a douche. I remember not that long ago everyone and their momma was wearing striped button down shirts (ok their nice, i like to wear them too) but since EVERYONE was wearing them i couldn't because it makes you look like a goon.

Watch, a couple years from now you will see these shirts at Ross for $15.

10. Fatty FatBastard

I'm fairly sure that if I posted a poll, 90% of y'all would think I was one.

11. pmac

pmac Member

Yeah, but most guys don't have a good grasp on skankiness either...

I think most women respect a guy who dress nice. Unfortunately, the majority of the dudes who care enough to dress nice all the time are douches. One my friend is ugly (a shorter version of seal) but he dresses nice and has his own style (not a douche) and chicks really dig that.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

I have to disagree with you on that one brotha. Most guys do have a good grasp on skankiness, we just don't care.

I've been pondering the thread topic for a few months now and I have to agree that most wearers of Affliction shirts are douchebags. Its even worse when they're 40yrs+ and stepping out to the local clubs trying to act younger than they are. But to each his own.

13. macalu

macalu Member

i'd like to think a douchebag has more to do with someone's attitude than what he wears.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

translation: I wear these clothes

j/k I tend to agree, never judge a book by its Xtreme couture, popped collar, barbed wire tat, spiked hair, wanna be boy band look, cover

15. thegary

thegary Member

wouldn't wear one if you paid me. it always pains me to be reminded how poor people's taste can be.

16. pmac

pmac Member

you may be right but it might be the same for them. Most women say they hate when guys are like that but they keep dating them. Most guys hate skanks but they keep dating them. They like their douches just like we like our skanks (that sounds like a good sig :p ).

ooh i hate this too. Its even worse when they have no idea about the fashion and their just trying to wear what they see their son wearing. Anybody else have one of those uncle's who watches music videos all day and tries to go out with those clothes on? Its like you wanna say somethin' but you don't want to embarass them.

17. macalu

macalu Member

damn, busted. ;)

but seriously, i like the xtreme couture shirts but not too fond of the popped collar. i'd wear them xtreme if i were stupid enough to pay $80 bucks.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

These guys are pretty funny

NSFW- I Need Computers to Sing This Song- Making fun of that T-Pain sound
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PszFo51u-qA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PszFo51u-qA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. percicles

percicles Member

OMGross!!!! As a fellow cltuchfan I recommend Dsquared2, Rock and Republic, or Levi's X Warhol Factory Sam.

Stay away from brands you find in outlets or Macy's.

...don't ask me how I know this.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

AG makes really nice jeans, but Sam is right. They start falling apart around the back pockets or any other place where there's stitching like the belt loops.

As far as those designer tees, they are super gay. Wear a damn button down like a normal human being when you go out.