1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Affliction or Xtreme Couture Shirts Only For Douchebags?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TMac#1, Jun 29, 2008.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

Being totally out of touch with whatever fashion is popular currently, I have no idea if these shirts qualify one as "douchebag" material.

However, I can definitively state that they do qualify one as "fscking idiot" material for spending 40 bucks on an ugly t-shirt.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

apparently those shirts are really expensive to get printed. no joke.

however.

the kind of guys who wear these are the dudes who watch films like "never back down"

[​IMG]

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

I love it! :D

I went to buy a pair of jeans the other day. I was at the mall and walked into Buckle. Huge mistake. I'm too old to know it was a mistake. But it was huge.

So I start looking at jeans. I'm noticing there are no price tags at all. So this girl comes over to sell me some jeans. And she's totally in to it. Asking my size...trying to help me find some. She says, "These aren't just jeans." And I'm thinking, "yeah, I was just looking for jeans." And I'm starting to get the picture pretty quickly that I've chosen poorly. And then she says.....wait for it......"Sometime you have to pay a little more to look fabulous." There's no smile on her face. She's sold out. And she's selling it. I started laughing and said, "I wasn't really going for fabulous, and I don't think I'd get there with a pair of jeans."

I ask her how much the jeans are. She says $90/pair. Yeah, no. I walked down the hall to the Gap and bought some jeans. I'm not nearly as fabulous as I might have been....but I'm ok with that.

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Really, how many items of clothing should you own with skulls on them?

5. glad_ken

glad_ken Member

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

I've never heard of Buckle, but I was thinking that there was a time when going to the GAP was probably like your experience at this Buckle place. Who knows what 20 more years in the future will hold. Remember when Levis used to be sensible, then at some point in the 90s they marketed themselves as high fashion and the price of jeans went up? I used to go to Old Navy a lot just because it was cheap and they always had sales.

7. tested911

tested911 Member

Damn I'm feeling like a Douchebag then? I have been out of the fashion trend industry now but I kinda like some of those design. Maybe not so the price but some of the designs looks kinda cool..

Now someone paying $40 dollars on a white undershirt at Versace is a big time Douchebag.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't where those shirts, but you are paying for the "art" I guess. as donnymost wrote also, i would assume they aren't easy to print. what's so different about Ralph Lauren charging $80 for a short sleeve polo shirt? When Polo started charging over $80, they took me out the game

9. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Haha wow...your head would explode if I told you Rock and Republic jeans are $250-350.

Now THAT's ridiculous.

10. MadMax

MadMax Member

i'm a guy. they're jeans. what the hell is going on here?

11. Fatty FatBastard

You know, I'm aware that JBII is setting up a T shirt biz right now. If he were smart, he'd start making knock-offs of these.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Dude 90 is cheap, top line retail designer men's jeans like Seven for All Mankind, Joe's Jeans, Adriano Goldschmid etc start at around $200 and go up. The ironic part is that the quality of these things is sh-t, they don't last very long. You might as well go to Hong Kong and buy a knockoff.

...don't ask me how I know this. :(

#32 SamFisher, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  13. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Member

Love the artwork (ed hardy) and designs (affliction) but I would never pay that much for any of their crap. Only douchebags do.

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

15. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

No.....90 bucks is NOT cheap for several feet of denim fabric and stitching. I don't care that other brands sell for more. Anything over $45 or so for jeans should be likened to the Gasol trade.

16. ClutchCityReturns

Look again. The shirt on the first link are $78.00 :eek:

I learned my lesson on that place a while back. I had a girl-friend who always wanted to go there when we went to the mall. Even though I made it clear to the sales girls that I wasn't interested in making a purchase, I still felt lucky to walk out of there without being tackled to the floor and forced to try on a $105 pair of jeans, with a $41 belt. If they were hot, it might have been worth it for the tackling part.

It's not cheap! That's like saying that a $60,000 Corvette is cheap because a Lamborghini is $175,000. Sure, the Lambo is better quality, but that doesn't make the Corvette cheap. Now, something like a Mazda 3 ($15,000) could be considered cheap and for most people would get the job done just fine, just like a $30 pair of Levi's.

$90! :eek: :p

17. macalu

macalu Member

i see nothing wrong with those shirts. i like them although i don't own any as i can't justify paying $80 for a freaking tshirt.

18. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

T-shirts are awesome... There are so many marketable logos you can put on a shirt... I'd like to have a shirt that says "T-shirt."

19. Nuclear Yak

Nuclear Yak Member

Threadless is awesome. Def. a different target demographic than these shirts though.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

You're more fabulous than me. I bought my last pair of jeans from Dicks Sporting Goods.