1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Archie Goodwin

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jvu, Feb 26, 2013.

1. jvu

jvu Member

Probably my favorite player this year. The 6'5 SG out of Kentucky reminds me of a young ray Allen (Pre 3pt shooting stud). I love his game- one of the best drivers, great jumper, and he's clutch (see louisville game). I believe archie is a future star and eventually will put up 20 points a game within a few years in the pros. Am i crazy or what? Thoughts?

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yes you're crazy, his jumper has been terrible this year and when he drives he is usually out of control. You do know he is shooting 26% from 3 and 43% overall not to mention he' shooting 64% from the line. What an insult to Ray Allen.

He should not enter the draft.

3. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

you crazy, no other thoughts

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree. Im one of the biggest UK fans there is but I have felt like choking this dude in almost every game I have watched him play. There are times when he would have the ball and be three on one in his favor and he still would not give the rock up. I do think he has a big upside and I think he is going to be dope but he has a long way to go.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I was very high on him to start the season but each game he seems to have gotten worse. Liked what I saw against Missouri from him in the 2nd half. Archie should come back but not sure he will comeback with the guys coming in next years class. He isn't NBA ready but his minutes could definitely suffer a bit. He has huge upside like you said though. Archie and Alex have been disappointing this year, Noel is the only one from this class that has played like their NBA worthy.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean....if you want the shooting guard version of Anthony Randolph (crazy athleticism and build, but can't do literally anything but rely on athleticism) then no, you ain't crazy at all.

7. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

He has really underwhelmed.

8. jvu

jvu Member

Idk I have faith in this kid.. For how much he's been sucking.. I feel he will develop into a stud. Guess we'll wait and find out!

Btw I predicted the Super Bowl score 34-31 ravens. No lie.

9. delishman

delishman Member

In that case... Bobcats should be giving a hard look at this guy.

Jordan loves a betting man.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

would that finally give the bobcats someone who could beat jordan 1v1?

11. delishman

delishman Member

I got my money on the PHOENIX BIRD.

Phoenix to NEO-Hornets 2014.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Agreed 100 percent

13. Big Red Machine

Goodwin, Poythress, Noel, and Cauley-Stein will all go pro out of Kentucky this year. This is the year for it. None are NBA-ready, but a lot of guys aren't pro-ready when they come out.

Archie can get to the rack and his shot actually isn't really that bad (comparing him to Ray Allen is silly, though). He's just taking a lot of bad shots and forcing things. He's young, but the talent is there. I think he's a mid-first rounder at worst. I think he has Dwyane Wade potential.

14. CertifiedTroll

TBH the player that intrigues me the most out of UK is Cauley-Stein. I don't understand why he gets swept under the rug and Nerlens gets all the spot light.

15. Big Red Machine

Was just thinking about this last night. I think he ends up a lottery pick this year. No history (that I know of) of injuries, good kid (that I know of), athletic, legit 7 foot, tons of potential. Is he NBA ready? No. But a lot of guys aren't. I think a lot of teams will be interested in him, especially in a weak draft like this. He'll be in the D-League for a year or two, but he's definitely worth a shot.

16. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Noel just has that nastieness defensively. Dudes motor is unheard of. I like them both but I would definately take Noel first.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah Darkhorse is right I'd take Noel if I had to choose between them. Cauley-Stein definitely needs to come back because offensively he has a lot of improving to do.

Out of all the freshman Poythress is by far the most frustrating of them all. It almost feels like he doesn't enjoy being out there. The only reason Poythress or Goodwin would leave this year is because they would feel like they would lose minutes to the new class. They definitely will be in the dleague next if they leave especially Poythress.