1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arab woman telling it like it is on Al-Jazeera

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TracyMcCrazyeye, Aug 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I understand where you're coming from and it's not fair to lay this on all Muslims. Only a small minority are terrorists, but where does their funding come from and how widespread is that support? Other Christians do not support the perversions of child molesting priests and the Christian faith cannot be warped to somehow rationalize that perversion.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Now you are talking !!

;)

3. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

As someone who has an Arab stepfather...all I can say is...

WOW.

I am going to send him this shiznet! He is going to have a heart attack! LOL!

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Sadly for you, there are no 'rulers' of Islam...the Caliphate days are behind us.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

tigermission1, can you please address the article about religious intolerance in Malaysia in the other thread?

6. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

To be fair, the Mullahs in Iran haven't engaged in terrorism.

The regime in Saudi Arabia is not your business. Again, they have not engaged in terrorist activities. No one in the world is forced to live in Saudi, meaning they can leave when they like. However, there ARE people who choose to live in Saudi. Those living in Saudi and complaining are the people who want to make the premium on their salary, but complain about the way the country is run. Some people want to live in that kind of super disciplined country and there needs to be a place where they can go for that.

I, like many, don't want every country in the world to become like America or Europe. Sorry. We just don't like it the way it is. Obviously, there's things we don't like here. But it's a trade-off, and people have the option to make that trade-off.

As for Syria, I'm not very knowledgeable on any terrorist activities they have engaged in. Would you enlighten me please DaDa?

7. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

*apology in advance*

I suggest you remove your head from your ass for a second, and listen to me when I say we need to seperate terrorists from Muslims. Not all mullahs are terrorists or spewing terrorism.

What I am saying is that the WORLD needs to join together to remove terrorists all over the world, starting off with the most serious cases.

I apologize again for the first comment. However, it seemed you needed some kind of jolt to understand what I said in all my posts: Not all muslims are terrorists. Not all terrorists are Muslims. If this is a war on Islam perhaps someone should declare it. But, apparently, this is not a war on Muslims, this is a war on terror. So yes, Americans need to do something, and Arabs need to do something. All concerned parties need to help in this war, with those who have the most resources helping out the most.

8. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

It's not a small minority of Muslims. Not even close. It's just made to seem that way. It's a tiny tiny tiny minority. In fact, it's restricted to the Northern part of the Middle East mostly. You think Khaleejis engage in these activities? Who was the last Iranian suicide bomber (none)? How many Indonesian terrorists have heard of (largest muslim population)?

No Muslim supports these actions. Not one. Because being a Muslim and accepting Islam means that you do not accept terrorist acts, especially those that kill innocent people. So as a rule, if you support these acts, you are not Muslim.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Warning: Graphic pictures included in this link

To be fair, you are either clueless or a liar.

Terrorist training camps in Iran

More information about Iranian terrorism

Indonesia:

* 2000 Stock exchange bombing
    * 2000 bombing of Churches
    * 2002 Bali bombing, which killed 202 people.
    * 2002 Makassar bombing
    * 2003 Marriott Hotel bombing, which killed 12 and injured 150 .
    * 2004 Sulawesi bombing
    * 2004 Jakarta embassy bombing, which killed 9 to 11 people.
    * Jemaah Islamiyah, an Islamic terrorist group that is active in Indonesia.
    * 2005 Sulawesi bombing
    * 2005 Bali bombings, which killed 20 people and injured about 120

This is from the 17-nation Pew Global Attitudes Survey about Islamic Extremism (July 2005)

The survey also finds that in most
    majority-Muslim countries, support for
    suicide bombings and other acts of violence
    in defense of Islam has declined significantly.
    In Turkey, Morocco and Indonesia, 15% or
    fewer now say such actions are justifiable. In
    Pakistan, only one-in-four now take that view
    (25%), a sharp drop from 41% in March
    2004. In Lebanon, 39% now regard acts of
    terrorism as often or sometimes justified,
    again a sharp drop from the 73% who shared
    that view in 2002. A notable exception to this
    trend is Jordan, where a majority (57%) now
    says suicide bombings and other violent
    actions are justifiable in defense of Islam.
    When it comes to suicide bombings in Iraq, however, Muslims in the surveyed countries
    are divided. Nearly half of Muslims in Lebanon and Jordan, and 56% in Morocco, say suicide
    bombings against Americans and other Westerners in Iraq are justifiable.

So you are saying that 57 % of Jordans are no Muslims? And about half of Muslims in Lebanon, and 56 % in Morocco?

10. Omer

Omer Member

I hope you guys realize that she isn't a Muslim but an Arab secularist.