1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aquarium Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Oct 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I think I have an outbreak of ick in my aquarium. Lately I have had fish dropping like flies. I have had two neons, two black neons, and two angels all perish. I have some neons left, mollies, a pleco, a cory cat, ghost shrimp left. One of the mollies and one of the neons has white spots all over their bodies. Could ick be the culprit? If so, I have never encounter ick before so how do I treat this disease, the fish and the tank. I know it is a protozoan parasite that leaves cyst at the bottom of the tank so moving the fish will do no good. I also know there are some aquarium owners here from my previous post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. zoork34

zoork34 Member

they water treatment for ick at pet stores normally. we had some a while back and using some drops of that worked pretty well.

3. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

Yep..go to Petsmart or Petco and get some Ick medicine.
    It can be drops like the previous poster mentioned or dissolving tabs that you drop in the tank. Just make sure to remove the carbon filters (if you use any) before starting treatment.