1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple's WWDC 2011

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, May 29, 2011.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Continuing on from last year: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=184503

WWDC 2011 is from June 6th-10th, 2011.

[​IMG]

It's not really clear if there will be an iphone announced this year from Apple which isn't really surprising... I think taking another year or even a half year off is good because then AT&T and Verizon can expand their LTE networks more and Apple can launch the LTE version of the iPhone in the fall rather than waiting another year.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/28/no-iphone-5-at-wwdc-this-year-thats-how-it-looks-from-here/

iOS5 and Mac OSX 10.7 Lion are supposed to be the major points of WWDC 2011. Some of what to expect:

http://techie-buzz.com/featured/what-to-expect-from-wwdc-2011.html

Apple's September event should be more exciting than this with the large possibility of another iPad and iPhone or device being announced then.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wow, if that's all they got then Mango/WP7.5 is starting to look like it can take a pretty hard jab at the iPhone. Voice-nav native, talk to text and text to talk native, Xbox live/Xbox 360 connectivity and HTML5 fluidity are a hell of a lot more impressive than what's listed there. I'm sure Jobs and Co. will put out a hell of a bid, but since iOS 3 till now I've been less than impressed with what Apple has been putting out with their updates/refreshes...

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

excited for new IOS, I hope it's a big time change.

4. hairyme

hairyme Member

My good friend works on the iPhone engineering team. I'm always trying to press him for information on upcoming products and event announcements. It's not because I'm interested--I'm too much of an android fanboy to care about much else--but more because it's a fun challenge to see if he'll crack. He never does. He's religiously tight-lipped about workstuff, as he should be.

He says they even have to be careful at the grounds at Cupertino: Reporters/tech blog guys will hang around on the Apple "campus" and pretend to be employees and try to strike up conversations about new products. He hasn't been there that long and has already had to deal with this.

/cool secondhand story bro

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I love the cultural difference between Microsoft and Apple. In some ways they are like night and day, in others they are exactly parallel. It's really funny. Microsoft is rarely if ever tightly lipped about the things they do. We've seen Mango since last January. Windows 8 is getting so much reception you'd think it's coming out tomorrow. Heck, Microsoft gave George Hotz a Windows 7 phone for him to crack! Yet, both companies won't let the marketplace have apps/xaps that change core OS features, both have stringent standards for app/xap publishing and both are pretty slow about releasing updates. It's hilarious.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

sorta related, but anybody know what came of that lawsuit that was filed on behalf of iPhone 3G users who claimed that Apple deliberately broke the 3G phone by releasing a new version of iOS knowing it wouldn't run appropriately on older phones thus forcing people to upgrade?

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm curious about cowboy bebop's opinion on these matters.

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

That seems more like one guys wish list than anything else.

I think the biggest news will be their music cloud service. Amazon and Google have made announcements about theirs and I Apple's should be ready by now.

9. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

You want my opinion you got it. Apple and their fanboys can go **** themselves. The USB camera kit that people bought no longer is working because they decided to cripple it when they found out you can do alot with it. Drain my battery my ****ing ass. Can't believe idiots still worshipping this pathetic company practice.

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

What devices do you use today?

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I just bought a MacBook Air...I cant ever go back to PC, Ive been missing out on major pimp points for years.

12. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

What exactly is your question?

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Let's see, the camera kit still works with cameras (as well as other USB devices). It supposedly no longer draws enough power to run other USB devices that were working with IOS 3.x, but considering it is a CAMERA kit, why should anyone care? Why would someone by a camera kit in order to hook up a hard drive or microphone? That's akin to someone idiotically buying an iPad thinking Apple was going to someday support Flash even though they have said in no uncertain terms that they won't.

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Every time I read this from a fanboy point of view it's always they try to overcompensating for their small iPenis. Is that what you're telling me?

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im being facetious about the pimp points.

I did buy a macbook though, only because ive gone through 4 PC laptops in the last 5 years.

I understand that I could get more for my money on a PC, but I dont care about money. Im single and I make more than I can spend, so paying a premium isnt an issue...Im not tech savvy, so its easier for me to go with something straightforward and simple like an Apple.

16. bobrek

Why is it again that you own an iPhone and iPad?

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

You make me laugh. So why cripple it? It was working fine. I just laugh at people who keeps on defending Apple.

18. bobrek

I just find it ludicrous that people buy something advertised as a camera connection kit and then complain when it doesn't do more than connect a camera.

Yep, I like my iMac, iPad and iPod. I also like my Android phone, Toshiba laptop and Acer laptop.

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

And why the hell do I own a Samsung, Sony, a PC, Canon and ect??? Owning a product doesn't mean everyone have to sleep with it and worship it. If something was working for someone you don't go and patch it up and cripple it. That give people a legimate to be pissed off with.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think the point was that the only person in these threads that seems to own the product out of pure iPenis justification, as opposed to actually liking what the offer, is you. Everyone else loves the product, service and offerings. You don't... Yet still have them? Thus, the logical rationale is some kind of compensation for something. It's ironic in that your buying decision was more fanboyish than anyone you complain about.