1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple September Event, who is keeping up?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Sep 9, 2015.

1. dragician

dragician Member

can't wait to get an apple tv..

no mention of 4k support though.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

"iPhone has changed the world. And while they may look familiar, we have changed everything about these new iPhones."

haha. oh apple.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

3D (Force) Touch is nice

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

3D/Force touch will be a good feature. It seems simple but they're right in that it will change the user experience in a good way.

I'm curious how google and the Android OEMs will respond. I feel like flagship development on the android side have been focused almost exclusively on newer hardware and software specs. The last UI change that I've seen like this was the Note series S pen.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's a nice feature, but come on. MS demoed Holographs and crap. Apple gives us a rip off of the Surface RT (also, if you are going to rip off a Surface product for the love of Pete Yorn rip off the Surface Pro 3), some watch crap that you have to be locked into their ecosystem to use, and the power of the force. My Surface pen also has touch sensitive motions on it as well, I only use it when I'm in photoshop.

6. HR Dept

Said I was going to skip the 6s. Not so sure anymore.

Apple has me right where they want me. Smh

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I imagine they can just tweak the long press to add more features. Some launchers already do that.

Nova long press lets you uninstall, go to apps settings. Shouldn't be too difficult for the devs to implement more shortcuts into long press.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Have they said anything about HomeKit?

9. dragician

dragician Member

Live photo is great.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yawn, so predictable.

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I will be buying the new iPhone. AppleTV looks cool, but not as much of a step forward as I had expected.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

iPhone 6S for the wife.

AppleTV for me because Ive never had one and I think it's time that I have one.

Before the Android fanboys come out...I have an LG G3...and I'll be on the market for a new Android early 2016. Thanks.

Back to the Apple stuff...I dont know anything about the iPad Pro other than it's screen size. Thoughts?

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Somewhere in Taiwan, an HTC marketing executive is yanking his hair out screaming "SEE, I TOLD YOU GUYS ZOE SUCKS AS A PRODUCT NAME!"

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Your PEN. Not screen. The iPad Pro is more than a surface RT. Your Apple is obvious. The iPhones have the same force touch screens. Try to use your finger on your Surface.....to get pressure sensitivity......lets see how that works. Plus support for this feature will expand as Apps start using it.

15. HR Dept

People hate on Apple at their own peril, IMO. I did the same thing until about two years ago.

I jumped in 10 toes down and haven't looked back. Apple products just work, and they all work TOGETHER. I'm sure there are other ecosystems out there that do it for others. But w/ iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro w/ Logic Pro X, and AppleTV they have me hooked.

So this is what being a fanboy is like... :grin:

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

3D Touch was NOT advertised as a feature of the iPad Pro. Only the iPhone 6S/6S Plus.

His comparison is correct.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Wish they had multitask for the iPhone 6s Plus.

I would seriously upgrade for that feature and I have a 6 Plus already

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

2 GB of memory sucks. When even I use my Ipad Air the browser keeps crashing due to the limited memory.

The phone is a commodity product like the PC how long will apple be able to maintain its margins?

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

huawei introduced a phone a few weeks ago that is. whole display. not that it matters. :)

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Odd that they took away the TOSLINK connector on the new AppleTV. That kinda sucks.

I actually use that to split my audio/video to be able to watch TV and listen to music through my receiver. I'll get the new AppleTV, but guess I'll have to keep around my 2nd gen AppleTV to do my audio streams via TOSLINK to my receiver.

The no 4K doesn't surprise me and I don't think it is that big a deal really. I am sure that will eventually be added in in the next version of AppleTV.

I DO like the fact they have a dedicated OS for the TV though. That plus the app store should open the doors to some interesting things.

I hate baseball, but though the demo they did with the baseball scores/stats overlays with the live game PLUS the "notifications" were pretty cool. Merges stats and live TV together.