1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Apple] iPad 3/iPad 2S Announcement: March 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by emjohn, Feb 23, 2012.

Tags:
?

iPad 3?

1. I have to have it!

24 vote(s)
    19.5%
  2. I wish, but I'm sticking with my iPad/iPad 2

35 vote(s)
    28.5%
  3. Android for life!

21 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. I've got no money for / interest in tablets

43 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. BleedRocketsRed

If they make it easy to jailbreak and keep the same price point, I'd be down.

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

I'll definitely have to check it out.
    I absolutely hate iPhones and I'd much rather have Android on my phone, but I really like Apple's Macbook line and their tablets. They have great apps that are optimized for it.

With that being said, the lack of customization with iOS isn't something that I like, but then again jailbreaking may help with that.

I'll also have to buy one of these if I do buy one as I refuse to have to purchase new proprietary cables. (Just a personal opinion. Please no flaming). Not sure if they work with the iPad.

[​IMG]

As far as an Android competitor, when it comes down to me purchasing a tablet. It will definitely go down between this and the Transformer Prime (the newer models that are coming out that are re-engineered to avoid that stupid GPS problem)

Heck, I might just buy both. Nothing wrong with keeping current on the two most popular platforms :)

3. thegary

thegary Member

has anybody checked out OnLive Desktop?

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

i was going to get one...but i think i am going to wait for the win 8/nokia tablets.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Where's the "F#!k Apple and their overpriced products" option?

6. Kam

Kam Member

when i the iphone 5 coming out?

7. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Member

My wife is definitely getting one, and I'll probably try to scoop up an iPad 2 if I can find one discounted enough.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Goodness Apple is the perfect topic for a paper I'm writing about, are we a throw-away society?
    Boy we are, yearly productions ftl. Seriously ridiculous how much they start criticizing there own product too help the image of the new.

9. weslinder

weslinder Member

More importantly, when are they going to show the features of the iPhone 5? I'm eligible for an upgrade next month, and I'm going back to the iPhone, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get a 4S or wait for the 5.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Ehh I'll just stick with my ipad2.

11. emjohn

emjohn Member

Expected in June, and it should definitely be 4G/LTE. Up until recently, it was expected that the new iPad was going to stay 3G for another cycle but that iPhone was for sure making the jump.

I replaced "Me Hate Apple" with the Android option, so you can go with that one.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    I still prefer the "F#!k Apple", "me hate Apple" doesn't sound good.

13. Yao11

Yao11 Member

Those aren't even enough "improvements" to come out with an new iPad. There's really nothing wrong with the iPad 2. I think if they're going to come out with a third one, at least have some kind of ground breaking software or device along with it, like holograms or something a little more advanced.

14. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

perceived obsolescence

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I don't wish for it so I am staying with my iPad 2. I selected the fourth option because I have no more money or interest in tablets at the moment.

16. BleedRocketsRed

Really? Those aren't enough improvements?

The two most important components (processor, screen) are improved greatly. Plus some other goodies (LTE, Siri, better camera).

It is funny, iFans said the same thing about the iPad 2 over the original iPad but when the iPad 2 came out, they all went crazy over it (with good reason, it was a much much better product overall).

17. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

I was pondering getting one, but I spent the money on a Sig and some MREs.

18. emjohn

emjohn Member

4G alone would be a very big deal - that opens up steaming/facetime/etc without being chained to wifi.

I actually told family members to not get me an iPad this past Christmas because I didn't want a 3G model.

The processor and display are needed as developers start pushing the games more - iPhone 4 has already kicked that into gear and iPad needs to keep up.

There's a bigger battery to offset the 4G, higher resolution, and new processor.

19. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

Agreed. LTE makes a hell of a difference in user experience. (When away from WI-FI of course )