1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Appeal: banned from chat

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by BlameTracy, Mar 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BlameTracy

BlameTracy Member

Actually, I wasn't banned, per se. Rather, I was kicked and permanently devoiced by HayesFan. The reason for this was that I jokingly made a few comments along the lines of "Woohoo! Go Jazz!". After kicking me, I was warned "Do it once more, and I'm banning your arse". Which would have been fine, except that I never got a chance to do it again as I was never revoiced, and still haven't been.

Maybe it was a mistake. Perhaps not. Either way, I'd like to appeal. Though I don't disagree with such restrictive speech guidelines, I'll agree not to compliment the opposing team anymore.

2. BlameTracy

BlameTracy Member

That double negative was a mistake, it should read "disagree" or "don't agree".

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

*snicker*

1 person likes this.
  4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Make a flow chart showing why you should be let back in the chat.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

for someone who is "banned", I find it amusing that you are idling in there right now. :p

word of warning for anyone in there....we get trolls during games like that, anyone cheering for the other team gets treated like a troll and kicked....its just a precaution to keep the chatroom saner than an emu on acid

enjoying your retirement? :cool:

6. BlameTracy

BlameTracy Member

I clarified in the OP that I'm not actually banned. The title was just a short, convenient (although not entirely accurate) way of summing things up.

Or if you simply meant that it's odd for me to idle in IRC, well, it's because I'm active in other channels, and I keep mIRC running all the time. :)

Understood.

7. BlameTracy

BlameTracy Member

Oh, I seem to have been revoiced. Thanks to whoever did that. I'll behave myself now.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you are still on the Bot's auto-voice list, the -v was purely temporary.

and that only means anything when things get nuts in there and we have to go +m (moderated:voiced chat only), fortunately that isn't often.

Believe it or not, things were stricter back when we had PbP and DoD ran it. When pbp was going on, excessive chat was restricted so the pbp coulb e easier to see. With the normally abundant streaming video, pbp isnt that important to folks anymore....which is good cause no one is willing to do it anymore anyway.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

oye veh I just find this days later :)

I am typically a fairly tolerant person in chat, but dude, seriously, don't do things just to annoy others.

10. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

how can i get someone to help me with this "contributing rookie" account.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think you're being ignored or something, obviously you have specified many times in this board that you are "contributing rookie". I would just wait, and maybe whatever is happening with your account will go back to normal. Annoying Clutch and the Clutch Crew won't do anything.

12. ndnguy85

guess that's all i can do. :(

13. Hayesfan

ndnguy I suggest you email clutch about it.

No one can do anything about it but Clutch and since he has a life I would imagine he will get to it as soon as he can.

Also attitude is not necessary.

14. ndnguy85

attitude? what do u mean? the smiley is exactly how i feel. not trying to be sarcastic or anything.

i been trying to get clutch's attention for a month. emailing is not working. i think i send 2 or 3 emails.

i think i am just upset cause when you see someone begging to get upgraded to rookie..it's done pretty fast..but a long time member has problems with his account..and people just treat him like clutch banned him for life for some horrible thread and he is in here trying to annoy people.

15. Hayesfan

I wasn't talking about yours dear, I was talking about "he who was once known as the fake Blame Tracy"

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

rest assured that someone begging for upgrade DOES NOT get it because they begged.

that is simply false.

If you saw someone get upgrade after mentioning it, they must have been on the list for upgrade before they begged.

17. ItsMyFault

Hmm, what attitude?

And, I was the "fake Blame Tracy"? Nice one.. I took that personally. You're on my ignore list now.

18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

That is correct. You were.

19. ItsMyFault

And how is there a "fake" username? I don't get y'all.. I mean what did I do wrong here?

20. Hayesfan

That is attitude, but since I am on your ignore list you will never see it and hence never learn anything.