1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[APP] Minibar - Alcohol Delivery App

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sadat X, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Have any of you guys tried this out yet? I used it last weekend for the first time and it was awesome. Ordered a bottle of whiskey and a few 6 packs of beer, got it delivered to my apartment's pool within 30 minutes. The prices are not bad at all, too. Highly recommend this for days where the beer or liquor is running low and no one feels the need to drive.

http://houston.eater.com/2015/4/21/8464181/minibar-houston-beer-wine-liquor-delivery

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So the app calls Uber for you and sends the order to a liquor store?

nice

Still don't understand how this isn't more popular with grocery stores. Maybe I'm just not up to date, but previous attempts for grocery stores to do this have failed.

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Basically, when you type in your address and set your account up, it pairs you with a liquor store and you see that inventory. So when I logged in, it said mine was coming from Posh Liquor (downtown). Then I guess they have their own "drivers" that go pick up your order at that store and bring it to you. Not 100% sure. But they sent a nice young girl who had on a minibar polo and had my product in a nice minibar bag. I was impressed.