1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apology from a Buckeye Fan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 4chuckie, Nov 20, 2002.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Sorry guys couldn't resist, but a friend sent this to me (it's being circulated here in Buckeye nation):

As a Buckeye, I want to apologize for the OSU football program. After listening to many at ESPN, and a number of national sports talk radio show hosts over the weekend, I want to apologize for the Buckeyes being 12-and-0.
    I also want to apologize for the program beating seven of the top 35 best offenses so far this season. After listening to all of these guys, I won't name names (you know who they are) I realize that OSU's schedule must not have been very good because I now know the Buckeyes are not very good and they're 12-and-0 so OSU should apologize.
    Some one within the program should say they are sorry for beating Texas Tech and the fourth ranked offense in the country. And of course Tech has put up those numbers against nobodies, including Texas and Texas A-&-M. I mean OSU was only leading 38-7 after three quarters and Tech's lone TD while the game was still a contest came on a great play their QB made on 4th and 2.
    Apologies go out to WSU and Jason Gesser. OSU didn't realize you were going to finish the season as the Pac-10 champion, which we all know is the best conference in the nation. If the Buckeyes had realized what the rest of the nation is saying
    about them, which is they suck, they would have just rolled over for Gesser and the 11th ranked offense in the country. Shame on the Buckeyes for giving them that 25-7 beating. I know the Bucks are sorry.
    OSU owes apologies to Purdue's 10th ranked offense, which they
    mistakenly held to 6 points and no touchdowns. Ditto to Illinois' 9th ranked offense, which put up an eye popping 16 points in four-plus quarters and despite the refs disallowing Krenzel's early 1st quarter td.
    Hey PSU and the 15th rated offense, OSU is sorry for getting lucky
    and beating you. The Buckeyes now know that Larry Johnson is the best back in the nation, which I actually believe, they didn't mean to hold him to 66 yards. Tell him they're sorry and didn't mean to interrupt his streak of setting Penn St. rushing records. That happened before the Bucks realized they suck.
    Come back and then Wilhelm, Doss and the other nine no-bodies on D will roll over for 300-plus.
    Apologies also go out to Cincinnati 34th, Minnesota 35th and Indiana 41st. The Buckeyes didn't mean to climb to number two in the nation with one of the top defenses in college football. The team just got lucky.......12 times.
    The Bucks now know all of this. If they are lucky enough to beat a
    dominating 9-and-2 team, which has won four games by three points, OSU will turn down the invitation to the game out in the desert. After listening to all of the "experts" over the last week OSU has realized it can't play football. Thanks for clearing up this misunderstanding for them. Please strike the Buckeyes from the polls. Don't let the fact that the Buckeyes have faced three Heisman Trophy candidates -- Larry Johnson, Jason Gesser and Kliff Kingsbury, dominating all three -- stand in your way.
    In closing, does anyone know what Illinois, Purdue, PSU and Minnesota all have in common? Answer: They all were leading the conference in offense the week before OSU played them. I guess we just got lucky four more times....funny how that
    happens.
    ps I'm not sorry
    GO BUCKS!!

Beat Michigan

2. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Michigan is going down big time this weekend.

GO BUCKS!!

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My Iowa Hawkeyes have played some of those teams. They were doing well (Purdue, Michigan State) until Iowa played them. Then it seems those teams unravelled. All it takes is a good a$$-whoopin, I guess.

I would love Iowa to play Ohio State but it just isn't gonna happen this year. I don't know if it's better for Ohio State to win or lose (for the Hawks to get to the Rose Bowl). A loss might make Michigan climb the Bull Crap Standings (BCS) past the Hawkeyes despite having been absolutely destroyed in the "Big House" by the Hawks.

Funny, though: If Ohio State loses and misses out on the Fiesta Bowl, they won't even get the Rose Bowl as consolation prize.

*sigh*

Waiting to see how the other Top 10 teams do....

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I think as an Iowa fan you would want OSU to lose so you could claim sole possession of the Big 10 title...right?

No matter what happens between OSU and UM, Iowa is pretty much assured a trip to the Rose Bowl.

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Apology accepted.

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Rox-
    I'm not sure what the General feeling of Iowa fans will be. But I would guess (as mentioned) would hope for us to lose to claim sole possesion of the conference.

If OSU loses there would still be an outside shot of getting at an large BCS bid. Notre Dame has one if they win out (still have USC to play), but with Texas losing to TT OSU may become the most appealing team left with one loss.

As for myself I obviously hope OSU wins and gets to the Fiesta Bowl and plays whoever (Miami, Oklahoma, Washingon St, whoever). THen I hope for success for the rest of the conferences in the Bowl Games (Iowa, PSU, Michigan notably as our the conferecne heavy weights). Just imagine if OSU beats Miami (or Oklahoma), Iowa spanks WSU, PSU takes care of business in the Citrus Bowl (against an SEC opponent), and Michigan can goto the Alamo Bowl and take care of business. As for the rest of the conference I'm sure we'll send 6-7 teams to bowls but it is much to early to speciulate on Bowl matchups.

I can't wait until Saturday, Kegs and Eggs!!!

Beat Michigan!

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm betting on big blue this weekend...just a hunch.

8. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

A fool and his money are soon parted

:) :)

Sorry, just kidding!

9. drapg

drapg Member

i've got a gut instinct that the buckeyes are gonna pull it out.
    Fiesta Bowl-bound. congrats.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

I would like to apologize to the NFL for Eddie George. He ransacked your Defenses for years. He's led the titans to the superbowl and hasn't taken a day off in his career. I really do apologise on behalf of Tennessee and Ohio State.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

God, this thread as made me a Michigan and possibly Miami fan.

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'm torn. I want OSU to lose, but that would open the door for the dirt-burglars.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Assuming they win out and Washington State doesn't. It seems like too big a hill to climb.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Go Irish, Go Blue.

15. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

... and here I thought this thread was an apology for Andy Katzenmoyer :)

16. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Michigan is playing better than OSU lately. I thought Purdue and Illinios were going to play it close, I think Michigan is going to win.

OSU is going to do zero offensively against Michigan and that Michigan tight end will help them move the chains just enough. The only thing going for OSU I can think of is that Crigel, though less talented, has been a much better field general than Navarre. While this should not be misunderestimated, I don't think OSU will be in a position where he can save them this time with his feet (Michigan will track him down when he starts running) or arm (Michigans corners are much better than the recent comp and they may even get safety help, his jump ball throws are not likely to be as effective this time around).

17. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

As another Hawkeye here...

Go Blue!

No offense Buckeyes - but any day you go down is a good day for me. After the loss to us, Michigan game back stong and has been playing hard ever since. It's not a good time to run into them.

Worst Iowa can do is Co-Big Ten, we'll see on Saturday what Ohio State is made of.

18. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

This is the one time, that a conference championship game would be useful, pitting Iowa vs OSU.

19. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

One simple reply: Clarett is playing. As long as he is healthy our offense is fine.

20. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I just wish for the safty of our players in Colum-Bust. That town is crazy during that kind of a Michigan game. Navarre will come through this time. Go blue.