1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apologies to Steve are due!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kayman, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Did you guys see this play early in the 4th when Steve came back after sitting with 4 fouls, Rockets down 16 and some Sonic (P-Drob or James) went straight over the sheepish Yao for a bucket plus one. Steve spiked the ball in frustration, I think he was really pumped up to turn this game around when this happened.

At that point I thought to myself that the Rockets and many fans (myself included) owe him an apology. The guy is a tremendous player and really wants to win badly. The Rockets should have traded the #1 for a proven player, instead of taking on such a monumental project. Remember how some people (including me) thought that Steve was worried about his status as a Franchise. The guy just wanted a contributor. He was right and we and the Rockets were wrong.

So, here, my apologies Steve, you are stuck for another year with a bunch of scrubs around you, and we shouldn't have doubted your motives. Plus, you behaved as the ultimate pro. You never went to the media, you embraced Yao and said all the right things all along. You are a true Franchise!

Besides, Rockets should apologize for wasting a mid-first rounder in a deep draft on Dan Langhi Jr.

What a waste! Is that what the tank-fest was all about?

2. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

MT = scrub
    Cat = scrub
    EG = scrub
    KT = scrub
    Rice = scrub

Even Cato = scrub

Scrubs?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2-2 / 78 to go. 7 players coming back or getting up to speed. A team that needs playing time together.

GS on saturday... :D

3. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

MT= mediocre before injury, ???? after injury, but most likely worse not better.
    Rice = 35, creaky knees, played only 20 games in 2+ years.

Cat, Griffin, KT, Cato (+Moochie) = 2-23 without Francis last year. Enough said.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: